3/01/2010

Easy off really does work

The movers came.

Lord.

I get a call the day before from a man who identifies himself as the mover - but not quickly.
"Hi, is this.... um.... (really long pause) Megan?"
"Yes? Who is this?"
"This is... well... (way longer pause).. this is Glenn"
"Glenn? Glenn who?" Etc. A very awkward conversation as you can imagine. Anyway, he told me to be ready bright and early Saturday morning and "Uh... um...where are you?" "Right now?"
"Your apartment... where is it?"
-address-
"No, um.. the floor, what floor are you?"
"Three"
"THEY DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE ON THREE!"
-crap-
"Haha, just kidding. See you tomorrow!"

So at this point I'm definitely terrified. And when they got here on Saturday morning (bright and early!) I was still very scared. Glenn was definitely the leader of the pack (there were two others) and he continued to ask me why the third floor? Why didn't I bring any boxes down? Where's my boyfriend? Shouldn't he be doing this?. I'm pretty sure he is joking, but I'm still definitely scared of him. Anyway, I just sat upstairs in my loft and listened to them clank, clank, clank all my items around until they put on the biggest boom box I've ever seen (it was definitely an industrial boom box) and they listen to light rock. The weirdest light rock ever- Michelle Branch, The Eagles, Adam Lambert - very unexpected. But, they were definitely quick while they were jamming out, so I guess that's fine. Whatever.

Now my apartment is so barren and lonely. I have an air mattress with two pillows and two light weight blankets (this is important because I am very cold at night and sleep in my winter socks with the heat cranked), two lamps, a tv and tv stand and a long, skinny table I am using as a computer desk. I right now live in the saddest apartment ever. And now, with nothing in it, all the annoying dirt is making itself known - baseboards, weird spots on the wall, the oven, the corners of the rooms. And I need to clean all this crap!! Gosh!

Cleaning - I'm good at the general stuff- sweep the floor, wash the counters, do the dishes, empty drawers - but I need to do the real stuff... scrub the oven, bleach the counters, hands and knees scrubbing of the floor and .... uh... I just hate it! But, I went to the Target (I love the Target!!) and I bought some great cleaning supplies which include Clorox bleach spray, Easy Off, this multi purpose cleaner, Magic Erasers and... most importantly... cleaning gloves. Yes. The yellow ones. I don't know what took me so long to buy these gloves... THEY ARE AMAZING!! I am going to always clean with these gloves on - they make me less afraid of all the gross things I am finding in weird crevices. (Note: I'm not a gross person, just some things fall into crevices not to be found until 18 months later.) And - the Easy Off... holy cow! It works MIRACLES! I wish I would have known about this sooner! If you are cleaning an oven you must use Easy Off- it works wonderssss!!

Back to Target though... Target is a very dangerous store. You could go in there for Easy Off and come out $70 later with shampoo, earrings, a nice shirt, maybe a pantyhoe or two, a little treat from the grocery section, maybe you need a spatula... I mean, it's very easy to leave with lots of unrelated things from the Target. And this usually happens to me. Except today I was really good! The only weird thing I bought was Peeps - and they aren't weird, especially not this close to Easter. (Note: I know people either LOVE Peeps or HATE Peeps. I LOVE them. And could eat them all day long. AND! There aren't that many calories in them for being pure sugar. Only 140 calories for 5 blue chicks! That's just a little more than a 100 calorie back and definitely way (way!) tastier!)

Well, I'm sure I could go on, but the Bachelor comes on in just minutes. I just wanted to give you a little start of the week teaser- and I think I've done that.

Me and my Peeps (haha, like they are people or something!) are going to go watch the worst Bachelor ever make the best television mistake ever (with the exception of Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake Superbowl wardrobe malfunction).

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog more and more every day. Even though I know most of these stories from when you are relaying them to me in real time, they are even better the 2nd (or 3rd) time around.

    ReplyDelete