1/14/2011

Meet Follower 39: Sister Allie

Welcome to the first installment of “Meet My Followers”. Sister Allie, I think, is follower number 39, and was recently hit by a car while crossing the street. I knew this incident needed a first hand account and thus, Meet My Followers was created. Out interview took place over gchat. Allie, I imagine, was dressed in sweats, glasses and lying in bed.




Sister Allie: Hi sister
me: There you are! Are you home?
Sister Allie: Yea I got home at about 4.
me: Are you miserable?
Sister Allie: Not as much any more. I wasn’t able to eat anything until noon today or even drink. I was hooked up to an IV the entire time had tons of xrays, shots, and a blood drawn. AND my roommates in the hospital were nuts- one was an alcoholic, the other addicted to pills!
Sister Allie: I keep thinking about getting hit and it really bothers me... so scary.
me: Yea! That is terrible, Allie!! What was the person like that hit you?? Was she texting!?
Sister Allie: She was really shooken up about it. I heard her scream but I wasn't allowed to look - you know, possible neck injury. No one would let me move.
me: How was your boss? He was hit too? ALLIE! I heard you got some air when you were hit -- You were thrown FIVE FEET!!??
Sister Allie: We were both hit: I was thrown five feet and got the majority of the cars impact.
me: Besides the new red jacket, what were you wearing? Mom told me you had a great outfit on.
Sister Allie: It was my new Jones New York grey skirt with a black sweater. OF COURSE I got hit by a car the day I was wearing a skirt and leopard underwear. My first thought when I got hit and landed on the pavement was: OMG I just flashed everyone my underwear! How embarrassing!!!!
me: And then you posted to Facebook. Is the skirt ruined? Did your underwear match your outfit? Did they cut the skirt off of you in the ambulance!?
Sister Allie: I was on morphine when I posted, ha - I didnt feel a thing then. And, no, no one cut anything off of me. I forbid them - I had just paid everything off. And, of course everything matched.
me: Thank God.
Sister Allie: The worst part of all of this...
me: Well, how much did you cry? Please measure in buckets of tears. What is the worst part!!?
Sister Allie:... The worst part was the fact that I have been on a diet and had a Diet Coke and a yogurt in my purse ... which exploded on my Kindle, Droid and everything else inside my purse!
me: Oh my gosh!! DROID! DIET COKE!
Sister Allie: I didnt cry too hard until I saw yogurt exploded on my Kindle. And then all of my coworkers and all of Pitt police and EMTs by me also made me cry.
me: Is everything ruined? How is Droid?
Sister Allie: A paramedic was on her bike to class when she saw me, and a doctor came on her way to work to take care of me.... Not everything is totally ruined... but in terrible condition. Everything exploded, thank God I had a case on Droid and Kindle or else it would be donzo.
me: Did you scream "NOOO DROIDD!! KINDLLEEE"?
Sister Allie: Ha! Yea. Once i was on the stretcher and in the ambulance I asked the paramedic to clean them on her jacket.
me: Good.
Sister Allie: Mary my coworker came to see me in the trauma section of the ER and wiped everything else off on my blanket. Oh yea - and my big shot boss came in too... He looks like Will Smith and is so dreamy and I started crying hysertically saying "Don't look at me like this! I am mortified!"
me: What do you think about your MOTHER driving past you?
Sister Allie: Ha Mom AND Grandma! Mom said it was ironic but good because if she would've seen it was me, she would've gotten into an accident too.
me: Well that is good. So, is dad better to be in the hospital with or is mom?
Sister Allie: Dad is. He took so many pictures.
me: So, this was like a field trip for him ... where as mother would probably be more concerned with your health and other petty things. Do you want these pictures shown in your wedding slideshow? Speaking of, why does Boyfriend Matt not follow my blog?
Sister Allie: I email invited him to follow. You should Facebook him and tell him.
me: I will. Is there anything you are not telling me about the accident?
Sister Allie: Umm, I got three lovely bouguets of flowers from work.
me: If you could, would you do it again?
Sister Allie: HA - I would rather break my leg or arm than be sore and have to go through those crazy x-rays.
me: Yes, the maybe hole in the esophagus they were watching... I guess isn't a hole anymore?
Sister Allie: Right no hole... just an odd pocket of air.
me: So... When someone says you are full of hot hair, you are?
Sister Allie: Dad asked the doctors if I will still need a flotation device in water...
me: Does this woman feel bad for hitting you?
Sister Allie: She is probably traumatized.
me: Do you have any advice for people out there who may be considering being hit by a car?
Sister Allie: I made WPXI's traffic twitter
me: That is your advice to other people? To make the traffic twitter?
Sister Allie: No! It is not worth it at all!
Sister Allie: I am totally loving all the extra attention though... except for when people bother me when im trying to sleep.
me: Did Lincoln cry when he got the news? Are you getting any special treatment at home?
Sister Allie: Dad is getting me anything I want for dinner and Lincoln will not leave my side and insists on sleeping on my stomach and licking my face.
me: Do you think we look alike?
Sister Allie: Yea
me: Am I prettier?
Sister Allie: Right now - yes. After I shower with makeup - no.
me: Did I leave anything out of the interview? Oh, state your name and date of birth. And your favorite color, food and day of the week. Drink of choice, dream vacation and 2 things most people don't know about you. Sister Allie: Name- Sister Allie Lee Miller. Date of birth, July 16th. Day of the week is Wednesday. Drink of choice- merlot or Diet Coke. Dream vacation would be somewhere where the sun shines and I dont need sunscreen. Two things people dont know about me are that I was on a billboard for no-smoking ads and I love to clean.

Well, humes, you heard it here first: I am prettier. Over and out.

Resources: WPXI Traffic Twitter: "Accident in Oakland 5th Ave at Bigelow Blvd - pedestrian involved"

4 comments:

  1. Miller! Big fan of the new "Meet My Followers" Segment! I think LH should be next! Glad to hear sister Allie is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meet my followers... so great! i think you will definitely get more followers with the new segment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, love the meet the followers section, especially after traumatic life events. Sister Allie: I think favorite drink should be merlot out of Diet Coke cans like It's Always Sunny, just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new section - glad to see I was mentioned and that I came away with the victory over the missus on bedside manners!! Keep it up Megs! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete