1/30/2011

Inspiration

In 2011 I wanted my blog to become even greater, and that seemed possible after such a hit with the new Meet My Follower's section. But then I totally blew it by delaying this post... I hope you can forgive me.

I don't know who my next Meet My Follower will be - but I know who it won't be: JARROD. HE IS NOT FOLLOWING ME! How do I know this? Because I listed out all of my followers (See "All My Followers" over to the right) and assigned them numbers and he was not on the list. I am so mad at him. And will no longer mention his name until he becomes follower 58 (SINCE! Clare is new follower number 57!! More on her later). In numbering my followers, I also found out something terrible. I have a double follower. So, TECHNICALLY, everyone's number is off one - but it meant so much to me that McCowan was #50 that I'm allowing the double following and just keeping everyone's numbers where they are. If you want to know what your number is, check the link tto the right. If you are not on that list, you are rude.

I don't even know what I've been doing while I haven't been posting. But I have been inspiring everyone that thinks of me.

Yep. I have inspired a lot of people to blog. So let's get things straight while they are still manageable - I was here first. With the exception of Chris Lucas, follower 48, who had a blog before me but was not updating regularly, but says he is going to. But, Chris Lucas, have you updated recently? You should. I should interview Chris and Liz once they become Mr and Mrs! Anyway, I will totally support all of these new blogs so long as everyone knows that you all are just trying to be me. And if your blogs become wildly more successful than mine, I will stop following them. I'm bringing this up because Clare, now a follower, requested my advice on blogging because the only technical thing she can do is turn on her computer. I would absolutely read Clare's blog until it became more famous than mine especially if she blogged in the form of nasty emails to people she doesn't agree with. Nate also started a blog that he told me via text message I insipred. I am enjoying Nate's blog and hope to snag a few crockpot recipes from him. And, while GHyde is probably the most inspired person I know and while his blog is not posted - I am still going to say I insipred HIM because that will help my self esteem. Even though Greg pretty much inspires himself. And his blog will be so way cool because he can do all that stuff that he does on the computers. Like those three awesome sweet tshirt designs he made.

Which, I still don't know which one I like the best. But, I do like GHydes idea for RAGEd to be on a hat. But Chat Chat Chat is also so great. More thought must go into this. Later.

One of the sagas of 2011 I've had has been becoming a registered Texas resident. It has been a pain in the neck, now that I've officially decided I'll stay here. I have one day left to become registered, or else I'm illegal. First I had to get my car inspected - which is so easy you can do it at the car wash. And then there was the saga where my insurance company informed me that I was in a $1500 accident in February 2010. In a Ford Ranger. Except, that never happened. And Jackson is a Nissan. So that was so many phone calls with my new insurer, my old insurer and the insurer that submitted the claim. I was very fearful of identity theft - I mean, if you think of all the identities you know, how much fun would you have with mine? But, apparently there is ANOTHER Megan Miller IN Pennsylvania BORN on June 25th and has the same first three numbers of her drivers license that I have. HOW WEIRD, RIGHT!? Anyway, that took a week or two to get figured out and I still have to wait 2 more weeks until my insurance record shows no chargeable events. (Even though my driving record is spotless.) Anyway, then I have to get my car actually registered which of course has complicated paperwork and they ONLY take cash (and, sorry, Texas, I don't walk around loaded with hundos) ... so, needless to say, tomorrow is the last day of January and my final chance to register my car. Before the authorities take me away or something.

I'm also very sad about getting a new license. My current license picture is amazing. Strangers even tell me it is a great picture. I think they mean this as a compliment, but I do find it offensive. I mean - hello, am I not pretty enough in person that you are so surprised that I'm capable of taking a good picture? Rude. Anyway, new Texas license will hopefully be just as great as Pennsylvania license photo. But, only time will tell.

Work continues to be busy and I can't believe January is over tomorrow! There is no end in sight, but I think I'm ok with that. Especially because it means I will enjoy weekend adventures so much more.

Most recent weekend adventure was actually two weekends of adventure - Ashley came to visit. You might remember Ashley from an earlier post and visit last March(ish) in which I referred to her only as "The Terror". I'm happy to report she was very well behaved this visit. We had the most fun last weekend when we watched the Packers game and the Steelers game at a local Steelers bar. We totally raged. And it's really easy to make friends at a Steeler's bar because everyone is so nice and then when you win everyone is so happy. So, I made a friend. Who was shorter than me. And older than me. And apparently I gave him my number. And when I was slightly hungover on Monday, I got a text from him asking me on a date. Which, even though he was shorter than me, I agreed - I'm so open to new things! And then he picked the restaurant and told me what he was going to order... a week early. This was really weird to me. But, whatever, I didn't have time to deal with that. Because in his next sentence he informed me he hoped to be quitting his Starbucks barista job to follow up on a modeling gig he thought he would get. Did I mention he was 30? And 5'10? Is Tyra doing a new spin on Next Top Model? Because, I'm pretty sure most male models are not over 30. Or under 6'0. But, I'm not a dream crusher, so I didn't say this. I just ended the texting.

Then on Friday he asked for my email address so he could find me on Facebook. I allowed this because I definitely wanted to see more of what I've gotten myself into. Ashley was at my apartment then so I said "I confirmed the friendship, stalk him while I get in the shower" and then I get out of the shower and Ashley says "Um, Megan... Facebook says he is in a relationship.". Um, REALLY? Pig. So I text him "Confirmed your friendship. But.. in a relationship?". He responds "Haha nope. I'm not in a relationship. My status says so for a specific reason, but I'm not dating anyone. Lol".

What specific reason other than dating someone would you put yourself in a Facebook relationship?? I think this is shady and don't respond. But begin intense review of profile with Ashley to figure out who the girlfriend is. He went into a relationship on December 21st. With Jesus.

I'm not making this up. I WISH I was making this up. But I'm not. Ashley made fun of me the entire weekend. After taking her to the airport today, and confirming that this was weird with 4 people (Kim, Cone, Mom Daly and Mom) I canceled the date. And, actually, before I officially canceled the date, I decided I don't want to meet new people if they are going to be weird. So this week, I've decided to not meet anyone new.

On to more exciting things... Justin Bieber has a movie coming out. REALLY? Although, after seeing Black Swan I might need a joyful Bieber showing in my life.

I saw Black Swan yesterday with Ashley. We raged Friday night and then Saturday we had such a romantic date day! First off, the 70 degree day was BEAUTIFUL. Yes. 70 degrees. I cannot move to a place where they have regular snow. I'm spoiled. We relaxed all morning with the blinds and windows open and then went shopping at the Outlets and a mall. And we got ice cream at the mall and perused a Barnes and Noble and then went to the movies and saw Black Swan. Really, really weird movie. It kind of gave me an anxiety attack like the show Dexter gave me an anxiety attack. To undo the weirdness of the movie, we decided to go buy some late night dinner treats and rent happy movies for the rest of the evening. We were so pooped by the time we got home, we didn't even have a glass of wine, eat anything, finish half of the movie, or make it up until 10:30. If Ashley's birthday weekend is any indication of 25... I'm worried for my raging status. Either way, the 10 hours of sleep was amazing. And our 2nd weekend was so great!

After I took Ashley to the airport, I came home with huge plans to be so productive. I wasn't SO productive, but I did the dishes and filed my tax returns. I can't wait for my tax return and I'm trying to decide what I want to treat myself with!!! I think I'm going to bridge the gap between a gift card and a watch I've been eyeing. I also really want a memory foam topper for my bed. And I'm going to get my Jackson detailed. Wow, my raging status is definitely dropping as I think about my list of things I "want". I'll find something wild to do/buy and make sure that I update all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment