1/07/2011

Now it's official!

In 2010, I wanted so badly to make it to 50 followers. Now abitcattywampus is taking over the world with 53 - YEP! 53!! - followers!! Thanks to Miss Claire (one of the few people who still looks great even with chocolate sauce all over her face!) for joining us!!! In 2011 my blog is going to go to a new level and there are going to be some exciting things rolling out. For example, did you know I've recently acquired the friendly skills and talents of a life coach and graphic designer? Yep. That's right. Amazing. Check out the AMAZING designs of the one and only GHyde. Vote for your favorite and help me pick the official image of abitcattywampus!! This is the first step to getting an official tshirt too!!

Work.Has.Been.Crazy! You all know about my quiet NYE, which was important because I was working all weekend and all week. I probably worked 12 or so hours this weekend. And then this entire week has been 10 or 11 hour days starting at 7:15 AM.

7:15 AM is SO EARLY. Especially on Monday when I was really in at 6:45 AM. I don't know if I ever decided if I am a morning or evening person... I mean, I can be up early and I can be up late, so what does that make me? I have decided that I am not a 7AM morning person, but I am definitely a 9AM morning person. Today I got to sleep until 7:45AM and it was glorious.

The only reason I got to sleep in was because I was covering the "War Room" (more intense than it sounds) from 11-11. Yes. TWELVE HOURS! LUNCH ONSITE! DINNER ONSITE! TOTAL CRAP! This is why I'm blogging from work. And I think it's acceptable - I'm so bored. Things are SO quiet right now, and I'm all caught up. The only thing I have left to do is organize my Outlook emails - which is no small task, but it is just so overwhelming I don't want to do it.

I don't really have any resolutions for 2011, but I think I'm going to get my Outlook under control and keep it there. Right now I have 399 emails in my inbox. 884 in my trashcan (I'm afraid to delete them because as soon as I do someone needs something). And, holy crap, 1904 in my sent box! And I can't delete them because people will miss my email or lie later and I need to forward things back to them and say "See". They hate when I do that. But it sure does save my ass.

Since it was such a big week at work and everyone is keeping morale up (even though it was never down) we had a cake at work today. You could smell the sugar in the buttercream icing. I had a piece. Obviously. With lots of icing and the most chocolate in the marble cake. But, I'm in the conference room right next to the break room... and I can still smell the icing. And there is no one to judge me if I take more. And, I don't have the self control. So, if you were me, how much cake would you have? Is half a sheet cake too much?? Gosh people, just kidding!

Ok, so work work work is my life. Lots of people on site and lots of time spent in the war room. I worked with this one woman who is from my second least favorite place (Chattanooga) (My first least favorite place being the entire state of Connecticut). Well, she hates Texas and specifically Plano because her rental car was broken into at the hotel and her GPS was stolen (Yes, she did leave it out in plain sight, so she was pretty much asking for it). And then she found a big roach in her hotel too. And wah wah wah she is so sad and nearly in tears on Wednesday of this week. Whatever, I don't care. But, Presentation Megan does such a great job of pretending to care! She comes in Thursday as happy as I've seen her: THEY CAUGHT THE GUY! I'm happy for her, and then she starts having word vomit and talking about the "Oriental thief" that walked "right past her" and she "knew he was fixin to be up to somethin". It was terrible. She then starts talking to me about her boyfriend. They have been dating since Christmas when he came to her mom's house where she was sledding. (This woman is 46). And she is texting him and trying to share with me all these sexual innuendos they are exchanging and telling me all about his exwife and her exhusband and her kid who was late for work and now how is he going to pay for his truck that he cosigned with his brother and now she has to help pay for it and oh her boyfriend just loves when she wears skirts and she can't wait to get home and see him because they live so close to each other and sometimes she takes him taco bell after his shift and can I take her to the police station to recover her GPS from evidence?

It was that exhausting of a conversation. She left today. I'm ok with that. And even though she is clearly a total wackadoo, she's in an organization I might want to join later, so, I guess the job connection is worth it. Oh, and she "just loves" me. I'm so loveable.

HA! And, at work, they also do not think I'm capable of being a bitch. I was trying to explain to them that I am very capable, and they don't believe me. I told them, I'm not wasting my breath convincing you I'm a bitch, but could you please write a note to my mother for me??? I wonder if the SVP will...

I got out of work semi early (read: 6:15) yesterday and was able to do an impromtu girl date with a friend of a friends. She is the one that I met at salsa dancing and chat chat chatting and I think we're going to try the roommate thing! I'm excited because I'm so ready to get out of the suburbs and having a roommate will cut down on expenses since now I won't be 10 minutes from work and I will have to pay tolls to get to work. Oh, and she's normal and pretty.

All I've got for you is work crap, sorry humes - but that is my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment