3/21/2010

chocolate and bacon?

I can't believe that there are more of you that thought my blog was getting BORING. You people. GET OVER IT! God. Instead of bitching, you should call me and say "I'm so sorry your life is so tired and slow right now!!". But did any of you do that? No. Thank God I'm listening to a FratMusic.com remix right now that includes gangster rap and Shania Twain. Yes- it is as weird as it sounds. And part of "Lean On Me" just got mixed in... I can't wait to see where this goes...

I'm sure it helps if I tell things in chronological order, but that is more difficult for me. I'll just tell them in the order that they pop into my brain. And I will not call them "Firstly, Secondly, Thirdly, etc." Those words annoy me. And FIRSTLY? Is that even a real word? I hate that anyone ever uses that.

I wrote last week how everyone at work was saying if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute and it will change. Welp, it changed. I can see snow out my window right now. YEA! SNOW! INBELIEVABLE. (Have I defined inbelievable for you yet? It means "unbelievable, but I believe it"... inbelievable.) But seriously, the Blizzard of 2010 has followed to TEXAS! That's unreal. And, as with the Blizzard of 2010 Chattanooga edition, it really isn't significant snow... but it was really snowing and sticking to the roofs and cars and grass! And- it didn't even all melt today.. I can still see some. Come on, Texas. (I'm not proofreading any of this, hopefully you are keeping up.)

I promised a friend from work in CT that I would eat lunch in the cafeteria last week. I didn't. I'm actually more comfortable with the idea of skipping lunch than awkwardly sitting in the cafeteria alone. What do I do? Do I read? Do I eat fast? Do I eat slow? Do I look around and smile? Do I go early? Do I go late? It's so stressful!! But, I can't skip lunch because I wake up thinking of lunch... And the glass cubes really messes with my TN lunch event which was usually emails and noshing in my cube. But with the windows, I'm afraid people are looking at me and thinking "Oh, poor girl. Lunch in her cube again?" or "Oh my, do you see how she is eating that?? ANOTHER DIET COKE??" and things like that.... But, I don't really pay attention to other people, so why would they pay attention to me?

I'm going to have a Lean Cuisine for lunch tomorrow. I take my lunch in a lunch box. An aqua one with the company symbol on it. I've had the LB since July but never used it because I thought "this is weird". But, everyone has an LB and it really does keep things chilled and looks much nicer than a grocery store bag. Not that I EVER took a grocery store bag. With the fresh start in Plano, I decided to break out the LB. The first week with the LB I was a little awk carrying it... I mean, do I wear it like a purse since the strap is long enough? Or do I carry it low? (Which is what I did.) Are people thinking "Where did she get that sweet LB?" or are they thinking "Sweet LB, nerd.". I don't know. But I have an LB.

In third grade I got a pink LB from the Pharmor (which don't exist anymore, and neither do white cheddar Wheatables which were my favorite treat that we could only get at the Pharmor). Anyway, the LB was pink and had Minnie in a weird castle and Mickey on the ground. And, the first few days of school the cafeteria was never open so you HAD to bring a lunch. Well, I did pack a lunch, but I FORGOT it! It was terrible. I cried. (Surprised?) And the teacher told me I had two choices: a PB&J or a cheese sandwich. I hate/have never had a PB&J and a cheese sandwich- seriously? It was terrible. One other boy forgot his lunch too. It was really so sad, even now thinking about it... How could I forget the LB I was so excited about??

Let's see, other things... I have developed an eye twitch. I think it is from all (all 16 of you) my readers complaining. You've really put a lot of unnecessary stress on me that is causing a nervous and weird tick in my right eye. Do you feel bad? You've all had an eye twitch at some point I'm sure- it makes things difficult, doesn't it? I mean, someone is talking to me and all I can think about is "I wish my eye would stop twitching".

Friends from PSU were in Plano this weekend. L/G is actually from Plano and took me and MM on a guided tour of the area which included drivebys of her 5 schools and 3 houses. And the swankiest of swank homes that are probably so beautifully decorated for the holidays. We had a such great family dinner with amazing salad. It had apples in it and this sweet dressing and... yum. And the steak was perfect. I was full at the end of that meal. I was afraid though, because you know how I can be the... particular eater. And it's always high stress to have to eat something you don't like or something new since I hate trying new things... but these were fabulous items that I was used to (except the salad that was well worth the initial anxiety of seeing an unfamiliar item on the table).

After dinner we continued to have such great conversations and laughs. And the stepsister even brought up a pancake stuffed with chocolate and bacon. This is weird to me because I don't like pancakes... but I do have to say I'm very intrigued by the bacon/chocolate mix. I hope to get an update at some point. Would you eat a pancake stuffed with chocolate and bacon?

Afterwards, when the Blizzard of 2010 really hit, we went to a bar to meet with some of L/G's friends. This was a high stress event for me. It's the worst kind of date ever. I was so nervous and my internal dialog was wild. I needed to have a great outfit and hair. And keep a smiley face that looked natural and friendly. And talk about the right things and look like a lot of fun to hang out with. And.... uh! But! I got the heads up prior to arrival that there was going to be this girl that liked meeting new people and was fun and she could be the one for me.... This did not make things easier. And the entire night I'm checking with L/G and MM "do you think she likes me?" "should I get her number?" "when do you think we can see each other again?". Finally, L/G and MM helped facilitate the number exchange... what a relief! Did I mention she is tall? This will probably be weird for her to read if we do really become good friends.... Hi new friend. Did that make it more awk? Whatever. So! The great news is that she texted me this morning (yes I realize how this sounds to some of you... but YOU go try to meet a total new person and build a friendship).. so she texted me this morning and we're doing a happy hour on Wednesday. Are you excited for me!??!!

Back to the bar... they had this 80's cover band called the Space Rockers....Oh my gosh. They wore neon leotards with weird shapes on them. And they had these head pieces and dance moves. And it was pretty much amazing. You would have to see it all in action to really get the full impact. Oh, and the few shots and beverages really helped skyrocket the enjoyability factor. I might have been hungover this morning.

I've never woken up with a hangover. It always hits me 2 or 3 hours later. This morning was no exception and I've been laying around like death all day. I couldn't think of food at all. I couldn't even finish my Diet Coke. It was awful. And when I finally could think of food- all I wanted was Stouffer's macaroni. Ohhh how I love that macaroni. It's so amazing. And definitely hit the spot.

Looking to the week ahead and sans hangover, I have to accomplish some things. This includes taxes, laundry, setting up online bill pay, figuring out my HRA and finding a Zumba class. It's nice that my house is pretty much in order (special thanks to MM who hung a shelf for me and completed the bedroom decor). Oh! I need to get a battery charger for my camera... so I can take pictures and post them for you all to view. Busy week, obviously. Hopefully the weather fixes itself too- I'm totally over the Blizzard of 2010 Texas edition.

2 comments:

  1. i wish you were sporting one of those plastic LBs complete with thermos... then you would be really cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. i carry a LB. it's black with white polka dots and has an "N" on it. present from mom, christmas '09.

    ReplyDelete