3/30/2010

I love Diet Coke

I love Peeps at Easter. But I looovveeee Diet Coke all year round. My DC consumption varies, but I always have at least one a day. I am certain that at family events I've had as many as 7, maybe more. Especially long family events like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Now that I'm legal drinking age, I have replaced a DC or two with a glass of wine or two, but I always, always have at least one DC. I am aware that it is a real addiction.

On the rarest of occasions that I'm out of DC and have to go without one, a painful caffeine-withdrawal headache ensues. But, as soon as I get that next, cold, refreshing DC... well, it's immediate relief. I mean, the second the DC hits my lips, I can feel it go down my esophagus and straight into my veins. (No medical explanations or critiques needed.) And, instantly, the headache is gone.

At work, I bring a chilled DC can with me and have it at lunch.. except today, I had my DC early (10:14AM). Even though I love DC, I'm sometimes embarrassed of opening the can at a socially unacceptable time (before noon). And, although I've been cracking open cans for as long as I can remember... I can never do it quietly when I'm opening the DC at a socially unacceptable time. I don't look around when I do it, but I do slightly cringe when the can opening noise happens... it's like if you are sneaking around and then step on the one creaky floor board in the entire place.. your shoulders go up, your eyes close and you pray oh pray that no one heard or comes looking.

I have no plans to stop my love affair with DC. Or chocolate, while we're at it.

Since I'm still have capacity, I have a lot of time to figure out what is going on around me. Best thing I figured out? Annoying rude girl is moving to Minneapolis!!! Soon too. I think in just a few weeks. I found out her name also, but I'm never going to call her by it. Although, I have started saying hi to her. She isn't always responding, but people around me are noticing that I say hi... who's the B now, B!?

Also, it's business casual day at the office. For those of you that work for a company that has field offices and corporate offices... this will make sense to you. For those of you that are just in a corporate office, well, you miss out on a lot of excitement. My company has both, and while I'm located now in a classier field office, it is still that... a field office. Which means dress codes are lax, conversation is... interesting, and things are just done with more friendly chatting than in a corporate office.

Today a client is visiting the office so the entire building has to participate in business casual. This is fine with me since I LOVE business casual. But, it was so nice to see everyone so... dressed up today! They actually can match a shirt to a pant or brush their hair!!!! It's fabulous. I mean, it's not my version of my Sunday best, but it is definitely their version and you can see a definite effort. What am I wearing you ask? A great gray long walking short with a white oxford and teal vest. I'm wearing a peacock feather clip in my hair for pizazz and my highest black heels. My nails are painted orange and I'm so in love with the color, I think I'll just keep doing touchups and never change the color.

Oh, yesterday remember how I told you about purchasing apples at the Super Target. Well, Gala is my absolute favorite (Red Delicious is my absolute least favorite). But, I purchased Fuji apples- barf. I'll never do that again. They are... tart-ish? And super crunchy. And, they make me make a sour face and I can't even finish one of them because of the weird crunchy after taste it leaves. Gala4lyfe.

Also, yesterday I told you about my girl, Kate Gosselin. Well I'm over her. She's so terrible. I'd rather watch the oldie but goodie Buzz dance instead of her. But, I'm using all my votes on Chad Ochocinco because he is so handsome. You should do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment