3/09/2010

The big move!

Hey humes! It's been a while, huh??!

Again, I've been thinking of great things to blog about since my last blogging, but they come and they go.

So, Friday morning I was still in Chattanooga. Waiting for the carpet cleaners to arrive. Honest to God, Chattanooga was not letting me go easy. Those damn carpet cleaners were late.. and not 15 or 25 minnutes... an hour! Well I wasn't sticking around to yell at them (I had to get to work) so I went to the leasing office (I'm pretty sure they are using my face as a dart board in the back room) and yelled at them for recommending the worst and most unprofessional carpet cleaners EVER and then I gave them my keys and said "they are your problem now- I have to get to work!". And of course this wacky smiley loony tunes was like "Well, sweetheart!! I'm just so darned sorry to hear that!! I hope something isn't wrong with good, ole Chuck! The truck might have broken down again! My gosh! I'll tell them they better keep pickin up their phones!!" blah blah blah. Shut up, lady. I hate you and your complex.

By the time I got to work I was so ruffled and on the verge of sweaty (embarrassing) and of course had back to back meetings- they weren't letting me out easy. But, that's fine because when I left I got Chili's to go and enjoyed a fabulous steak fajita for dinner. Then, in perfect Chattanooga style, I had a few beverages with my friends (again-yes, they are real), played some Scattegories and Chatroulette (both are so amazing) and then went to the newer of the 2 local bars- Bart's. Ohhh the locals. In all fairness, it was everything I wanted to see my last night in the Noog and then some- there was a local band playing live music and switching out costumes/hats for each song/era. Basically... amazing.

Saturday I had a little bit of a need for water and an asprin (read: hangover), but I didn't let me put that behind schedule. I turned in my keys, took one last drive to the dumpster, got my oil changed and my tank filled and off I went to Texas. Well- to Louisiana. I stopped at a hotel over night after 8 or so hours of driving. The drive went smoothly- I played this game (yes, alone) that doesn't seem hard- but believe me does get hard. I didn't hit the shuffle on my iPod any time! And- honestly, I've acquired a lot of weird/crap music. Anyway- it was cool to let the pod determine my driving mood, and pretty much a successful shuffle.

Woke up early on Sunday and started the drive into Texas straight into rain. Perfect. If I thought Chattanoogans were bad in snow, well, Dallasites are awful in rain. 6 accidents within 10 miles. Idiots.

Made it to the leasing office and got my keys! I'm right by the elevator, my storage space is on the same floor, I drive right by the lovely pool on my way in... just great things. Spent Sunday driving around trying to get my bearings. I didn't. There is strip mall after strip mall and it all looks the same- I could probably do some serious shopping damage down here, but I don't remember how to get to anything. You may be thinking it will come with time... but I really have no sense of direction and this will take months and months and months to figure out.

The movers came Monday. Sweetest men ever! Went out to meet them and try to get them into the parking area with my clicker thinger and the people in the gym were watching me the entire time while I walked the parking lot clicking this damn thing trying to get the gate to open. Finally the movers decided to help me find the right censor and get them in and settled. I don't necessarily have millions of boxes, but they literally wrap a shoe in 8 pieces of paper and a plate in 14 pieces of paper. Needless to say, I'm still throwing paper and boxes away.

I've got a lot more wall space in this new apartment- I think. But a hug closet. Oh, and a huge bathroom. And, I don't think my bedroom is bigger, but I don't need a dresser because of the huge closet. Oh, and my ceilings are so high! Even if I was so so so tall and a foot taller, I would have still so much head room. I even think my refrigerator is taller than the last one. Uh.. I just love my new apartment. Really! So, all of you, go ahead and make your plans to visit. Did I mention it was 75 degrees today and sunny? It's a dream. Well- it will be a much better dream when I meet some people... Hopefully some handsome people.

I went into the office today. I don't even want to talk about it. I'm still doing my previous job for the rest of the week- except I had awful connection issues while I'm transitioning locations and I was pretty much dead weight for the 2nd half of the day. I mean- there were things I could get done- but not the stuff I wanted to/needed to get done. Annoying.

Oh- I know what I hate about my apartment (most of you were thinking- I knew it! There had to be something!). There is either an angry person who can only run or a fat toddler learning how to walk in the apartment above me. They are so noisy and thumping around everywhere. Doofuses.

So- the rest of the week is tidying/organizing/getting my Plano life in order. I also want to locate a new bed set and nightstands. Oh- and sleep. I'm still so tired from this past week, I can't wait to catch up on some sleep this weekend. And just get some odds and ends for my apartment! It will be a home in no time... perfect.

PS- Glee's on. It's pretty much amazing.

Double PS- If you know taytay, I just want you to know how amazing I think he is. He's a little upset I haven't proclaimed how fabulous and funny and great he is in the blog. So I guess we are fighting. Hopefully this helps our friendship: Taytay, you are a total dream and I can't wait to chat with you again and hear more of your so wonderful stories and such great jokes. XOXOdroid.

No comments:

Post a Comment