3/25/2010

"ahh, yes yes, ahh"

Well, it seems I've lifted the bar again. Not that I need reassurance, but the few extra followers and the complainers telling me that my last post was acceptable... hopefully this means I'm back in shape as far as blogging goes. And, the new followers... 19! Super! Thanks for coming!!

Important things.... girlmance occurred last night. I think we might be making a friendship! We had the texting that I told you about last time, and the yesterday was the big day. Even though the adventure was occurring after work, I was especially mindful to have a nice work but still young outfit on. Which- while we are talking about clothes, the office definitely hates me and my dressing. But I don't care. I have to be the most put together person, and I think that's fine, and they don't really make it that hard for me... I think my outfit today might have been overkill towards corporate minus the suit.. but it was a great outfit. And my hair was so great and slicked back (we'll talk about that later....)

Ok, so we met at this Mexican restaurant in the town center thing by my apartment. Because it was raining and I had the great high black heels on and because the Twilight book 4 just came in the mail and I had to read 4 chapters and was running late... I drove over. I felt bad/lazy about it for a minute... but then the gps told me it was 1 mile away and I realized that wasn't necessary. Start of the chatting was a little awkward, but we ordered a mambo taxi (frozen margarita, sangria, brandy topped with a lime.... so yum). She also suggested my dinner... sour cream enchiladas which are apparently a delicacy special to Dallas. I wouldn't know this because I have never had an enchilada before and I pretty much shy away from anything with sour cream in the title (except Auntie Ro's mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving). So, since I'm being a grown up and not making "yuk" faces when new things are suggested to me... I got the sour cream enchiladas... and.. they were really good. I got NO BEANS, yuk. Have you seen Mexican beans?! It looks like poop slush on a plate... barfola and keep those away from me. But everything else, fabulous.

So, yes, the girlmance went well and I think we have plans on Saturday!

Work was lame today, as expected. But I had the great outfit on... and the slicked back pony... remember? Well, by the time 3 rolled around my stupid great slick pony was giving me the headache of a lifetime. I couldn't get home fast enough to pull it out. Oh, and then there was Twilight..

So, I get home, make some dinner and set the DVR and start reading. And... then it began. The banging. The pounding. The jumping up and down. The person above me, I honestly, for two weeks have been trying to figure out what they DO UP THERE!?! And finally, at the end of the third week, I'm over it. So, friend K coached me through gchat on the confrontation. And, I can't figure out if it is better to go up there polished or disheveled. Finally, I went up there as is and a little nervous.

Before I knocked on the door I had a few ideas as to what was going on up there. In no particular order they were:
1) lady doing aerobics/jillian shred for hours
2) boys playing wii
3) family chasing dog or child
4) high schooler doing cartwheels and other gymnastic-y things
5) someone paid to stomp back and forth to annoy me
So, when I knocked on the door I about died- I couldn't contain myself. The door opens and it is, of course, a brown. A total FOB (and I say this with love and knowing I have brown permission to say it). And I said "Hi, I live downstairs. There's been a lot of noise" His immediate response "Ahh, yes yes, ahh". While he is ahh-ing and yes-ing me I'm obviously sneaking a peak at the apartmnet... no furniture, 16 inch television with more browns on it and an air mattress against the wall. Even though he was ahh-ing and yes-ing me I was thinking he wasn't really hearing/understanding me. So I said "I moved in two weeks ago, and there's been a lot of noise" and he of course said "Ahh, yes yes, ahh". And then I said thank you and left.

A brown. I was smiling ear to ear. I mean.. what are the chances? Apparently high. Well, I haven't heard a peep from him since. It's only been an hour, so I'm not going to hold my breath just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment