3/18/2010

change of pace??

So apparently my blog isn't satisfying some of you.

Apparently I haven't been doing enough bitching and whining since getting to Texas.

Apppparently my tired entries make you tired.

Apppppparently my life doesn't have enough excitement for you.

Apppppppppppppparently, my readers are JUST as whiney as me!!!

Well, whatever. I don't really care. And I'm just sharing with you all in case you were thinking these things yourself- now you can all join in knowing you all are thinking the same things. And now, that we're all on the same page- you can just watch your tude. (Not that I'm even really offended by any of this.. sorry)

For those of you that are just happy see my latest post and just keep up to date with me - I thank you. I'm assuming you are my 15 followers that let your name show. The rest of you secret followers.... that's crap.

Things I need to provide more details on- the girl in my row that hates me. In discussing with a friend, she's decided that I've left out key details that prove that I am in the right and this girl will never be my friend.

My cube is glass. Not totally glass. But from the desk up it's 75% glass- see through. And I'm right on the end of a row facing the break room and I see a lot of action through my window (that's basically what it is). And, I think there are a few of you that won't believe my next statement- but I smile at these people that walk past me. I don't know all of them, but now I'm starting to pick up their routine and pick up on what they are doing and who their friends are. And most everyone (we'll get to her...) smiles back at me. Sometimes it is weird if I smile at them 2 times in 3 minutes, but whatever. If I see them, I smile.

My row has 4 cubes, two on each side of the aisle. On my row, we both face forward (So, person behind me stares at my head through her window) but on the row to my left, they are facing each other and stare at each other through their windows. And, girl that is awful terrible, is at the end so she is facing forward and she can see me, but I can't see her until she comes up the aisle. So I never know she is coming... but I always know she has left. And I can see where she goes (obviously- windows) and I've just been staring a hole into the back of her head trying to figure out why she is a TOTAL B even though I've done NOTHING to her (except forget her name- I didn't call her the wrong name ever- I just don't know what it is anymore). Anyway, friend from earlier says blah blah try to smile again at her blah blah. So I did.

The situation occurred like this- she left and I saw her from the back (gray on gray outfit, boring) and I watched her go fill up her mug in the break room and then watched her walk back. I stared directly at her, smiling. Not a cheesy, school picture smile, but an obvious smile with happy eyes. This B looks at the CEILING. The entire walk (16 steps, we'll say) and when she gets 4 steps from my cube, she looks at the wall, follows it to the floor and then looks at the floor the rest of her 10 steps to her cube. Total B.

And, before I thought it would be awkward to go to lunch with someone that I didn't know. But now that I hate this girl I just want to 1. learn her name and 2. kill her with kindness and go to lunch with her or something. And be oh so charming and a great listener and ask her all these questions about herself (yes, a friend date). And basically show her how amazing I am. But, after thinking this through, she's not worth my time. 1. I am certain she is the key to nothing amazing 2. I would have to edit my blog if we ever (I doubt it though) because good friends that she gmailed me 3. She has gone through such feats to ignore even GLANCING in my direction, it would take me the next 18 months to engage her in a conversation let alone a meal.

But, I do have a confession. At the end of the day, behind me, I heard her say bye to one of the other women in the row... so I turned around and looked directly at her and said BYE!! :) smiley voice!! She said bye too. Hopefully we don't become friends...

The other people in my aisle are nice enough. Significantly older. I don't think they are sure what to do with me. No one really is. They ask "what are you doing?" and I don't really know my full role yet so I answer with some vague answer and then "As I learn more I'll let you know too!" (friendly voice).

While we are on the subject of windows.... The see through nature of everything, and the clear view 5 people have into my cube life, has really made me a little nervous about decorating my cube. Not streamers and balloons, but just general items on my desk and how many notes and pictures and just general crap I have.. and where I place it. My favorite thing in my last cube (which should come at no surprise to you) was my mirror. Now- before you get all wild on me, I had the mirror because my old cubes were not see through. And people entered my cube from behind (I know one of you reading is trying to make a lame "that's what she said" joke right now.... ). Anyway, I couldn't always look behind me and I hated people creeping up on me, and I noticed that a lot of people had mirrors by their computer monitors so that they could watch what was happening behind them. So - I got a mirror and it really helped with my spying on the humes who were always passing by and I couldn't hear if I was on a call. But, the mirror was so great when I had a great hair day or when I was certain there was something in my teeth or something like that. All very important things. So, basically, I really enjoyed checking myself out throughout the day to confirm I was still in tip-top shape. Well, I can't put my mirror up here!!! I don't need it to see visitors (I see them through the windows) and everyone will see me looking at myself. I'll have to get a sly compact or something... I need to be able to see myself. To make sure my face is still on, or practice my walking and smiling face. My favorite thing to do with the mirror was to email people and tell them I was looking in the mirror right now and I thought I was having a good hair day or something. This is funny, because it is true. Now, I can't do it anymore. I need to think of something else pointless to email about.

Yesterday I needed to find a printer. I thought I found the printer. But every time I hit "print" nothing ever came out of the printer, even though the computer said it printed. This means I was printing things to some other printer in the building... who knows where. Hopefully they like what they found. Stupid technology.

I'm making myself a fabulous chicken parmesan hoagie tonight. I'm breading and cooking the chicken and adding such great sauce to a toasted roll.... It will be delectable. At first I thought I would make fajitas, but then I just kept thinking about a warm hoagie... mmm.

Hopefully this entry is a change of pace for you humans.(Although I doubt it for you cranky ones) But, I do still have to keep up the positive attitude. This is only week 2. I can't hate everything already.

Oh- and friends from Penn State come this weekend! So, that should be interesting enough to blog about!! Gosh. You people!

No comments:

Post a Comment