8/02/2010

jesus take the wheel

Let's see- I left off at making an online dating profile (which my mother is NOT happy about at all). See, my mother thinks I'm going to be killed by a random stranger, and I think that is absurd. The messages and characters out there are SO FUNNY. Maybe we'll have a blogging session where my readers get to edit my profile or provide responses to send to these messages I get....

I traveled to CT on Thursday and finished the book The Help (recommended by ex roommate Kerri)- SO GOOD! Read it if you haven't. Or, wait a few weeks until Kim is done with my copy and I will mail it to you. You can't put it down! It's so great! Work, work, training, training on Thursday and I wore a such great clearance dress that was a fabulous blue color but only had regular hair- which was a little upsetting . Thursday night was a rager that I didn't really think through- 5:45 AM wakeup call to spend time fixing my hair so it was better than Thursday came WAY TOO SOON! But, Kim, Ash and I made it to work on time and I brought two diet cokes to make sure I was totally prepared for day 2 of training. Which... ended early!!!! We went to the clubhouse and had a few beverages before going out to dinner.

Dinner was great because I was one of only 2 white girls there- WAHOO!!!!!! Browns, blacks, half an asian.... it was great. Until it wasn't and conversation was terrible and I wasn't even having half of a time and Kim and I left to go get ready for the evening. The evening started AWFUL TERRIBLE. I mean... on a scale of 1 to 10 I got to a 1.8. Tote mis. Did not want to participate but had to because I was there. Dave took it upon himself to raise mine and Kim's fun factor to above 5 - and - as much as neither of us want to admit it... he may have had a hand in raising the fun factor to at least a 5. The night continued to progress and Kim and I might have tried an awful shot at the encouragement of Paul the bath room guarder. What did he suggest? Cafe Patron. Hoodrat? Maybe. Good? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Coffee flavored tequila? Are you vomming just thinking about it? Umm, yea you are. A bunch of other work people arrived and a few more drinks and before you know it times are nearing a 10. Times were so near a 10 that when Kim and I had to sleep on a non-vacuumed floor at Dave's apartment... well, we didn't even mind!!!

Kim and I got up early to go drive to Philadelphia- she lives south of the city and was dropping me off at my cousin's wedding north of the city. First event of the car trip was stopping at McDonald's. It was 10:43 and we both wanted breakfast but while driving there Kim remembered Big Daddy and said that breakfast is done at 10:30 and we'd have to get lunch. Obviously, on the ride over there, I resolve to get chicken nuggets and start to get a taste for them and we drive up to the window but... we're still curious about breakfast. Kim asks if they are still serving breakfast and the woman in a weird way says yes but ultimately we decide we both want the chicken nuggets. So Kim says "two number 10's please" and sausage burrito or something disgusting shows up and she says "No- we want the lunch menu" and the woman says "we aren't serving lunch" and Kim and I pretty much paralyzed at the thought of this.... WHAT DO WE DO NOW!?? Let the line behind us grow and keep looking over the breakfast menu complaining about how we wish we could get lunch. We finally decide on matching biscuit breakfast with large waters. We eat in the parking lot near a stinky garbage can and get back on the road. We spend some time talking about dying - which is morbid and a little bit of foreshadowing and then the most terrible of things happens...

On the highway.

Going 55 MPH.

Just heading to Philadelphia.

HORNS! BREAKS! SPINNING! GUARDRAIL. ACCIDENT!!!!!!!

Oh my goddddd. It was that stressful!!! What had happened was Kim was just driving along, minding her business and this JACKASS BLACK TRUCK COMES ZIPPING UP THE ROAD AND RIGHT INTO OUR LANE!!! To avoid immediate collision Kim lays on her horn and hits the breaks and this is when the car goes out of control and we spin out across 4 lanes of traffic. Kim and I look at each other during the spin and she is saying "Oh my God, Megan!!! Oh my God, Megan!!!" and I'm yelling "Kim!! We're fine!! We're fine!!" and we go into the far left median and the front of the car hits the guard rail and I remember praying "Don't let it hit Kim's door!! Don't let it!!" and dirt is flying into our windows and we finally come to a stop and HOLY FRICKIN CRAP. The JACKAS BLACK TRUCK continued to zip away leaving us in disaster mode. However, for as emotional as Kim is and as high-strung that I am- we really handled the entire incident quiet well. We took a minute in the car just breathing and finally got out of the car. 2 cars pulled over to wait for us to surface but they quickly drove off. There were crickets everywhere in the grass which was disgusting. Considering the fact that God miraculously made all cars on the road behind us we were so lucky to not hit anyone else. I mean- just so lucky! Hearts pounding, panicked, but fresh off of training we immediately gave each other feedback on how well we did in our first accident and what could we do better next time. Does this mean we work too much? Maybe. Regardless- the police came and got us off the highway and gave Kim an incident report and, Kim, such the trooper, continued on our way to Philadelphia!

We kept reliving the accident the entire time- I mean, it's definitely a stressful event and I kept remember looking at the guardrail and knowing it was going to be a terrible collision.... but... then... it was the most minimal accident that it could be given the circumstances. We were really SO SO lucky. Miracle. Kim believes this is why people turn to God- she might be right.

Called my parents to tell them about the accident and tell them I'd be late. Which I was... so I had to rush rush rush to get ready for the wedding and overall hated my hair, makeup, dress and just wasn't having a pretty moment. Also, while getting ready the last few minutes Allie and my mother continued to sing "Jesus Take the Wheel" because of my near death experience. When we got to the lobby I found out I was the hotel's guest of the day and my parents made a huge deal about it in the hotel since I did almost die and the counter person even gave me this special treat bag for being guest of the day... Except, while I was Megan M, I was NOT guest of the day since the hotel reservation wasn't in my name. This is when Dad said it was time to get going before they figured it out...



My cousin's wedding was beautiful. I mean- not even I have a single complaint. Tent, music, food, family time, dancing, drinks, weather... ALL AMAZING. Father of the bride toast left not a dry eye in the tent and awesome music made sure no one was sitting and everyone was jamming. Table Eleven was the older cousin table and we wooped wooped everything and laughed and chatted and made table 11 the BEST. Essentially, the ultimate wedding was had.

My trip home, flight included, was smooth sailing- except, I need a vacation from my vacation. Work was out of control today- in by 8 AM out by 6:30... oh, and lunch at my desk. Tomorrow it appears that I have 7 hours of meetings back to back to back... so who knows when I'll get to go to the bathroom, grab another DC or, most importantly, EAT!!!!

Is it Friday yet? Can I wish for that on a Monday???

PS: Cousin Danny has a tshirt company. Reader submissions for tshirt designs are still be accepted.

PPS: WHY IS NO ONE NEW FOLLOWING ME LATELY!!?? RUDE!!! EVEN JILL SAID SHE IS BUT I DON'T SEE HER AND CAN NOW ONLY BELIEVE THAT SHE IS A LIAR!!!!

1 comment:

  1. UGH! Did I do something wrong...I swear I am following, i get this on my Google Reader and everything!

    I need to investigate. I'm glad you girls are safe!

    ReplyDelete