8/24/2010

A Red and A Spot are dating!!!

I had a draft post from last Monday saved and I only got two paragraphs in and stopped... but apparently I had big plans to use no spell check, capitalization or punctuation because I was so excited to tell you some "really exciting things!!!!!!" - but, truthfully, I have no idea what I had planned on saying so I guess I wasn't so very excited or it wasn't so very important.

I do remember gasping - yes, gasping!! - when I saw that I had a 42nd follower. Miss Emily Cohen totally made my day when I saw she was following. I mean, really, how unreal is it that I have 42 people that follow this blog? TOTALLY UNREAL! Except both Kolan (not a follower) and Peter (follower) decided on Friday to point out that no, they don't read every word I write and do I "really think" that other people are reading "every word". Rude. And, no I don't. And, honestly, I don't care. This is more therapeutic for me than anything so - TAKE THAT YOU BIG JERKS THAT AREN'T EVEN READING THESE WORDS.

An amazing thing that happened last week- A Red and A Spot ARE DATING! Yep, horse love. How do I know this? They were giving each other a horse hug on the hottest day of the year!! SO CUTE!! I nearly wrecked the car I couldn't believe my eyes! And, this wasn't just a one night stand or anything like that- the next two days they were horse hugging and leaving the other Red out of their horse love. AMAZING. LOVE IS EVERYWHERE!

Other news- the reason I haven't been blogging lately (even though I was on a role) was because work was crazzzzy! Back to back to back 12 hour days with all day interviewing so I didn't even get to do my real work which just made Friday oh so long. And- the interviewing - oh my gosh. Have people never interviewed before? We probably completed 100 interviews in 2.5 days and the things we saw were both good and bad. The worst- some of these resumes and the email addresses they use! I mean- really do I need to know you are a "snowbunny" or does anyone really use "hotmail" anymore?! Ick. So awful, lots of opportunities for me to judge though so that was so great.

I made a promise to Frank that I would post in here about his philanthropy last week and I didn't. Mostly because I'm terrible. And mostly more because I was so very busy and never had the chance to blog. But, while you're reading, check this out: http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=787c6922fc13e7eff52952034&id=ae32605970&e= .Great! Thanks. Sorry I can't figure out the hyperling right now.

OH the other SO WILD THING. Remember the other weekend I befriended the lesbians at the housewarming party? Well, last weekend I got invited to hot tub happy hour and mustache birthday party. Yep. Those invitations were emailed to me- except mustache had a typo and was spelled "mousetache" which, now I prefer to say mouse-stache. I declined hot tub happy hour because 1 that is weird and 2 I was working the such long days. But decided to go to the moustache party without a moustache because I can't complain about being bored if I don't go to things I'm invited to. So, I went to the lesbian moustache party and it is worse that a lesbian moustache sounds. Yep. that is possible. It was a lesbian moustache party that ended up also being nascar themed and at a sports zone which is the cheap version of Dave and Busters and includes go karts and mini golf. Yep. This is what I did last Saturday. I did not wear a moustache or nascar and I was thoroughly embarrassed to be seen with all lesbians and straights at this event. I mean, I know I shouldn't judge or think I'm better than people - but, seriously, if you're out in public with a stache or wife beater or tribal tattoo- well, I'll probably judge you. And by probably, it means I will. This does not mean I won't like you later- but my first thoughts will be judging and then when I like you I will think "they should have that ". Lesbian Nascar Moustache party = fail. Seriously. Fail.

I don't even know what my other news is. I don't think I'm telling my stories in order. I can't really remember. Did I already talk about the moustache party? (I now think the word mustache is mouse-stache.)

Alright, what else? Well some time after the moustache party I came home to Pittsburgh. I think it was this past Saturday. No flight issues- except when I got in th cab to get to the airport I got $11 away and had to go back to my apartment because I'm such a genuis and I forgot my phone. Oh, and it was 6:30 am. Super great. Super. Other than that - no issues. My father picked me up in the airport (usually Mother and Sister just drive around until I appear) and we got Giant Eagle Market District for lunch which is such a fancy grocery store!! When back home where I got to take a nap with Linclon and Moses while half watching Runaway Jury or something. Moses and Lincoln are SO CUTE.

Saturday night I went to Andy and Kolan's with Peter. When we pulled up to the apartment Andy appeared to be on the roof which made me think "Oh, cool, beer on the roof" but when we got up there it actually turned out to be his "patio" which is really outside space the same size as their 2 bedroom apartment. Out. Of. Control! Great time and chatting chatting chatting. Also met a man wearing a rosary as jewelry- I'm assuming this is sacreligious. I asked him about this "necklace" - he got it at Aldo. I don't think he should ever where it again. I also met a very handsome man in law school and I said to him "You are very handsome. What is your name?" He told me I was very pretty which always helps my self esteem. And, I did have a great outfit on so I'm not even going to pretend I didn't deserve the compliment.

And now back to work all week- more long days. But a long Labor Day weekend coming up and I'm considering taking vacation next Friday too to make it a super short weekend. I think I deserve that depending on how my Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday go.

Oh, did I mention I'm 10 minutes away from my favorite Macy's? Such bad news. But you should see the hot pink dress I purchased. It's INC which I love and it's got these black pieces on the sides and it's a little Jane from Tarzan and Jane but I think it's totally wild and I can't wait to wear it. Oh, and I bought another dress that is a size 8 that doesn't fit because it's too big which is also so great. And now I'll have to return it and I also got coupons for my charge and... well, I just love shopping. And, no, I'm not in debt. The hot pink dress was originally $90 and I got it for $20!!! CAN'T BEAT THAT!!

Even better news- I have two friends that are also doing online dating. Things may actually begin to happen.

And: The final and biggest piece of news...

In one year I am applying for the Bachelor. I love that show. (And I love the Bachelor Pad even more: The episode this week? O. M. G. Do you watch? If you do, you must tell me- I'll make myself available on gchat during next week's episode so we can chat chat chat so live in the moment.) I think that we as a group should prepare my answers over the next few months and my Bachelor application will obviously reference my blog so they know this is all I want. AND! Dating in the Dark - is that an amazing show or what!?!? It also makes me laugh out loud. I love reality tv. Love.

While I'm jumping all over the place and sharing links, please also see this one: http://www.cbfymca.org/blog/lou-gehrigs-disease/. This is my Uncle and cousin who had the most beautiful father/daughter dance I could ever imagine!

Now it is really really really way past my bed time since I'm on the east coast and commuting 40 minutes to work which means I need to wake up much earlier than I'd like to... total BARF. But, it's ok. Busy days mean I'm making waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment