3/29/2011

Reading Rainbow

I love reading. And I hate people that say "I don't read". Do you really NOT read? I don't think so. But, I do think you're an idiot for saying that.

I didn't do any real new years resolutions, but I made a promise to myself to keep up my reading.. because I slowed down in the 4th quarter last year.

My 2011 bookshelf includes:



Spooner by Peter Dexter. You should read this book if you enjoyed Catch 22. Not only did I enjoy Catch 22, it made me laugh out loud - that book is truly witty. If you like witty humor, go for Spooner. Although the end is heavy, you won't be turned off and will be glad you picked it up.




Next up is The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson.
You should read this book if you've read the other ones, and you can handle the first 150 pages of information overload before the storyline picks up. There are lots of intense Swedish names and lots of information on the government, but the storyline is intense and the characters are so unlike the other books I've been reading... it really is hard to put down once you get into it.





My third book of 2011 was Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. You should read this book if you plan on seeing the movie, which I do. The book does in fact have an elephant in it - but the story is not about the elephant. It's about love. At the circus. And it's more romantic than that sounds.





Tatiana De Rosnay's Sarah's Key was a novel I picked up in the airport because I'm having trouble getting into my other book. Sarah's Key is a fictional storyline around the treatment of the Jews in France during the Holocaust. It is shocking and emotional, even if Rosnay's writing is predictable. You should read this if you've got a few hours on a plane.


Next up is The Chosen by Chaim Potok. Things are going slowly. But I'm trusting Leigh's recommendation and then will make my own later...


I know you've all been worried: Who is The Babysitter!? And, Follower 58 is not an ominous stalker from a weird horror movie, but is actually Karina from work! Karina was set up on a friend date with Dan Coughlin (not a follower) since he moved to Phoenix which is where Karina is. I'm a great friend matchmaker! Karina is sassssssssy and we loveeee chitchatting away about boys. Girlfriend getsssss the need for a handsome man over 6'0, since she too is a tall drink of water. Rock on, girlfriend.

Follower 59 is Boyfriend Matt!! Boyfriend Matt is dating Sister Allie and we aren't sure why since he's such a great, nice, guy. Allie is probably mad right now. Allie - we like Matt so BE NICE TO HIM! We are so glad he's around. I think most of the time he is around the family he is thinking "oh shit, what have I done?", but he is a good sport. Even when the cousins convinced him that the caterer was our Uncle (the caterer was not our Uncle). Or when he visits Nanny and Poppy with Allie and Poppy talks his ear off about outerspace and black holes. Total trooper.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh boyfriend Matt, to his defense, "Uncle Donnie" did look like he belonged to our family at 6'8"!

    ReplyDelete