3/20/2011

Peeps

Today I wore my favorite summer tshirt, because it is basically summer in Plano. (Que: Playo Del Plano, PDP, tunes and rage). The shirt is florescent and it makes me happy. Just like summer. Except, it's not summer. It's only March. And spring doesn't even come until after Easter. And we're only 2 weeks into Lent.

For Lent, I decided to practice Catholicism again. It's not that I don't think I'm Catholic - it's just that I hate all the churches over here. Everyone can like what they like - but I hate tambourines and shaking hands with my neighbors and having a priest read me the GD bulletin when I am, and pretty much everyone around me, is capable of READING. I leave church furious and annoyed that I ever went. But, for God and for Lent I am going. And I even stay until after Communion to have the final blessing. I patiently listen to the priest read everything from the bulletin that I could read myself. So, this is me offering church up to God during Lent.

And, since I'm doing Lent - I gave up.... SHOPPING!!! Can you believe it?!? I just gave up clothes shopping, but still --- I have been doing VERY WELL. Except, I bought a pair of jeans online and I'm not sure when I did it - so I'm not checking the receipt and I'm just going to say that I am still good to go! Today I even went to return things from before, and I put myself STRAIGHT INTO TEMPTATION. I went to Nordstrom Rack, I went to Home Goods and I went to JCP. And, I was SO responsible in offering my shopping abstinence up to God and I did not purchase a single thing!

After all this temptation I went to Target. I did NO clothes shopping, but I bought toiletries and Peeps. Peeps is ('are' sounds better but Peeps is actually singular since I'm talking about one package.) Peeps is the reason for the season and the best part of Lent and spring time. I don't like them stale, but I don't like them so fresh that they are too gooey. While I'm also talking about candies I love.... I LOVE satellite wafers, circus peanuts and hot tamales. Love. Uh, love!

You all should know I went on a date with a 31 year old scorpio. Gio is (I think is still) dating a 30 something (Chuck, Charlie, Bob, something) and this made me happy, and envious. I think of all the friends I know that are my age, Gio is the one that I think fits perfectly with an older man, preferably in the 30s. I am jealous of her dating a 30 year old! She is so wild and bossy and, Gio, since I know eventually you'll read this, keep on keeping on with those thirty somethings!

Alright, enough about her and back to me - I had the happy hour date which was three hours long and great conversation. I was incredibly charming and had a great outfit. I don't know that we have anything in common but the conversation was really nice. But (there's always a but) this man is apparently not capable of sitting still. My favorite thing to do is sit still. Preferably with company and a drink in my hand. And SPF if we're outside enjoying 80something degree weather in March in Texas. But this guy is a nonstop athlete. He is doing a 75 hour bike ride. SEVENT FIVE HOURS. He is also climbing the seven highest "summits" (I would have just said 'mountains') in the world right now. It is, as would be expected, INTENSE training. I care nothing about this. I was asking the only questions I knew to ask (How do you pack for that trip? Are the bugs SO big?) but, all I could think about was how that would be the most terrible, awful, trip of a lifetime. And he loves it! He also plays soccer three nights a week. I imagine there is an intense athletic requirement to dating this man and, well, please, no thank you! Perhaps a new friend....

I do have to get physical for work though! We have this company challenge where 5-15 people join up and track either minutes exercised or pounds lost and tally them up and there is a winner and charity donations at the end. I am on a virtual team - but there are teams in my office and they are going to watch me to make sure I participate. The first step on this was making me get on an intense scale and telling me things like how much my bones and left arm weigh and that I am 50% water and typically people are 60% water. I do not know how the scale measures all of this, but I'm confident that this means I am 10% diet coke. And, that her scale was wrong because my scale at home definitely says I'm 7 pounds lighter. Anyway, I think this was all just a ploy for the ladies at work to figure out how old I am since age needed to be entered into the scale.

24 makes me a baby, and one woman thinks I'll enjoy 25.

Oh! I'm also going to a new state and city this week! I'm going to St. Louis for work! I'll be there three days and get to do some networking with some people from Eden Prairie and Pittsburgh. We'll be doing non stop interviewing. New hires kill me. They are seriously GROWN UPS with YEARS of experience and it's like herding children. Last week we had 40 new hires and I think I learned 30 of the 40 new names (which is impressive) and definitely made 40 new friends. I do all kinds of charming things like remember their questions, fix their computers and smile SO MUCH.

Thankfully they are all in training rooms now, and I can get back to my other work!

PS: What do I have to do for a new follower? I'm 2 away from 60! JARROD THIS MEANS YOU. Seriously, didn't we have a great chat today?? Multiple times??? Do it!

PPS: Dancing with the Stars is tomorrow and I am SO looking forward to watching my boyfriend Hines dance, dance, dance!

1 comment:

  1. Ah I got a shoutout! So flattered :)
    And no, there is no more Charlie...but that's another story for another day lol. And not for the age difference, that my friend was actually a fabulous thing, so I definitely recommend 30plus ha.

    ReplyDelete