5/25/2010

Pecos Bill

I'm going to try to up my posting capabilities... I know I've been slipping a bit these past few weeks...


Alright, there were plenty of spelling and grammar errors in that last post. This is me apologizing for them, but not going back into edit mode to fix them. Oh, and there was only one man on the sidewalk with a cow (which, the cow's name was Pecos Bill and we watched him take so many pictures with people before we (me and Kim) built up the courage to take our picture on the cow... and while they were taking pictures this amazing cow would ALWAYS look at the camera!!! So I said "How does that horse know to look at the camera!??" (At this point I was still making the mistake of calling the cow a horse even though I knew it was not a horse and definitely a cow) and the man that owned Pecos Bill didnt' really answer me... I think it was probably because he thought I was being a smart ass, but I wasn't. Anyway, upon further inspection of the cow it appeared that the cow had a nose ring and attached to the nose ring was a rope, but it wasn't rope at all and actually leather, and when it was picture time the owner of Pecos Bill would tighten up the leather rope so that the cow's nose ring was pulled tight and he had to turn his head. So, the cow was not trained-per se-to look at the camera, but a little bit he was being trained by the leather rope.) ANYWAY!!!!!! There was only one man and cow on the sidewalk, not two like my last post may lead you to believe.

Friend Jarrod gchatted me to tell me that it was another great blog post, but that I drink a lot. Then he added in that I drink, shop, eat and watch a lot of TV. I added that I also like to sleep a lot too. But, what else is there to do? I'm NOT going to the gym so don't even mention it... and, yes ok ok I have a shopping addition... BUT I donate bags and bags of clothes frequently. And the drinking? What's wrong with adult happy hour consumption... it's definitely not to oblivion or even buzzed status... it's just something to wet my whistle. Let's see, I work. Picking out my outfit and drying my hair takes a lot of time each day too. Except on the days I don't dry it and I curl it instead- but that still takes time. I keep my house tidy and I have two projects for this week: use my vacuum cleaner and put together a new bar stool that I recently purchased (there goes that shopping addiction again.). I read my books too- this week it is The Girl That Played with Fire. I don't know what else you people want or expect me to do? Please, leave suggestions. (Appropriate suggestions.) Should I get a puppy? I would love the puppy so much and definitely take it for walks.

Ok, so let's chat a little bit about work. There is a man at work who is particularly awkward- mostly because of the way he walks around. He walks around a lot and is often wearing his leather jacket inside. Yes, the AC is on, but, dude, your leather jacket is not necessary. If I've dropped the pantyhose for the summer, you can definitely lose the jacket. Anyway, I watch him through my glass cube walls when he walks by and today it finally hit me who he physically reminds me of.... Dwight Schrute- even down to the collared short sleeved shirt and the stick up his butt walk. Now I can't watch him through my glass cube walls because I'm always on the verge of giggling.

I'm so so so charming at work it probably doesn't surprise you that I've acquired 1.5 admirers. Prior to this weekend I would have said it was just 1.0 admirers which was two .5s, but Kim confirmed that one of the .5's was definitely an admirer (1.0) and not a maybe he's just that friendly (.5). Of course he greeted me this morning and came into my cube... which is awk because I see him walking over (glass walls) and then I have to be friendly while he is walking on the other side of my walls but not actually in contact with me.. but I can see him so I have to smile and can't pretend to be busy or caught off guard. Anyway, he said that he is trying to get people together for a dinner and movie this Thursday and did I want to go? Do I really want to go? No. But do I think Megan that is trying to have a positive outlook on life and be more friendly should go... possibly. BUT, thankfully I have to pack for Chicago and I told him this. He still sent me the group email.... But, what I noticed is that this group email is significantly more intimate (5) than the first group email (15) and I'm really concerned that the next group email won't be a group email at all but rather a request for an alone meal or movie situation... which really will make things very weird for him... one of my favorite and best past times at work is declining male suitors that should really not be trying to suit me (unless, of course, they are so tall, dark and handsome and I'm also in love with them).

One more work story....A woman took what appeared to be a Bible into the bathroom with her today. This was weird for me, but Natalie says that every moment reading the scripture brings you closer to heaven. She spends no times reading the scripture and mucho times reading facts about armadillos, prairie dogs and puffer fish- all three can kill you with a variety of diseases like leprosy, poison and the plague.

Last week (outside of work) I bought a watermelon for $6.99 at the grocery store. It is the biggest watermelon I've ever purchased, but not the biggest one I've seen because every other watermelon that was for sale was so gargantuan. It was so big the man in produce insisted that I did not lift it and that he did it. I'll admit, it was hard to get my legs under me and lift it from such a low location, but I was able to move it between the buggy and my car and my car and the apartment. Do you know the best way to pick a watermelon? You tap it with your hand (slightly cupped) and listen for the watermelon that makes the most hollow sound... that is how you pick the best watermelon in the bunch!! Did you know that?? Only very few watermelon aficionados know that and I'm so glad to share that piece of information with you and increase your watermelon enjoyment exponentially. Anywho, it's so much watermelon, I've only cut half of it and have only finished half of the half!!!! And, I made a terrible mistake in purchasing not a seedless watermelon. Seeds definitely decrease the enjoyment situation.

Do you know how hot it is in Texas right now? It's great pool weather. You should visit me. If you haven't heard already, Dallas is a paradise.

Also, welcome lucky number 27 and 28th followers!! What a fabulous week I'm having!! And it's only TUESDAY!!!! Follower 27 is Greggy and my work friends know him as "would you rather boy in green shirt" since upon meeting them he too quickly provided the grossest would you rather you could imagine. Follower 28 is Suhani who was also a great blind date... except the date was a 15 hour car ride and I killed a bird while en route... that was such a fun trip!

2 comments:

  1. i dont read scripture, i read abittcattywampus and board review books. the aforementioned animals and associated disease risks are in fact true, please be careful if you come in contact with any of them.

    oh and consider me a watermelon aficionado, because i knew the knocking trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you DO NOT want a puppy. charlie (chuck for short) was purchased a few months ago by lisa k, and he is sooooo bad! they even had a dog whisperer come to help train him...

    ReplyDelete