5/03/2010

Honorable Mention

So, it seems that last weeks blog was a success-- Jarrod even read it twice and laughed harder the second time. I don't know if I can ask for much more!!

Some of you are upset you weren't mentioned- I'm surprised at how many of you there were. I have a feeling that this "direct" call out has some of you going "please don't say my name and make me appear needyyyy". So I won't- but just know that I had fun with a hundred times more humans than I could ever mention in a single blog entry. I mean- how do you put blue/white weekend into words? It's hard... So, even though I promised honorable mentions, you're not getting them. I can't keep living in the past, and I can't keep track of all of them.

Also in the past? Recovering. I was sick all of last week. Finally, on Friday, I could take it no more. I went to the Super Target pharmacy and waited in line to talk to a pharmacist and tell him my symptoms. I really could care less about complaining- I actually quite enjoy it- But, I did feel bad for this pharmacist. Not only was queen complain (me) giving him an earful, there were people there before me and after me! My whine went something like this "Hi- I'm not feeling so well. (sniff) I don't know what medicine to take, and I don't want to take it all and overdose myself. (cough). I had a fever at the beginning of the week- but it broke. Now I'm sneezing all the time! Is it allergies? But, my face hurts. My eyes hurt. My cheeks hurt. And all the sneezing! (sneeze) I've been taking motrin but that's not working. And, this voice, it isn't even mine! What do I doooooooo (cough, sniff, sneeze). But, I also don't know if the headache is because I'm wearing a high pony.... I just need medicine. Real badddd." You can imagine the look he gave me.

The pharmacist directed me to some type of 4 in 1 Tylenol PM and told me that I could "probably" function on it if I took it during the day. This would be a big fat false. I was knocked out within 30 minutes of taking the first dosage (at 5:15 PM). When I woke up at 9:30PM, I took another dosage and slept through the night. Then I woke up and took it again (and again) and slept pretty much until 4PM Saturday. It was glorious. And I finally felt normal.

Saturday I went to a very smokey bar with Sarah and two coupled friends (they're everywhere....!). I did my first karaoke ever. I think the reason I hate karaoke is because I know I can't sing. I know I'm terrible. And, I am pretty sure any time you listen to someone sing karaoke you think "Gosh, they think they can sing!?!". I hate that. I hate doing things I'm not good at. But- I was wearing a super short skirt, so hopefully I wasn't so sore on the eyes as I was on the ears.

(Which, btw, the skirt was only $4.99 from my favorite store: Lerner's. (Also known as NY&C.xoxosilk))

No husbands at karaoke- not even an attractive. I also learned my lesson after stating that my husband requirements were "tall and teeth". The people I was with promptly pointed out a sloppy giant man and asked if he would do.... He would not. Maybe I'll have better luck on Cinco de Mayo....

Sunday there was an Art Festival (not to be confused with THE Arts Fest) at some park called Cottonwood or Cottonball or something. Lots of art. Even MORE dogs. Oh. My. God. I WANT ONE!! The kiss of death was these women selling yorkies out of their purse. (The purse had a piece of paper pinned on that said "Yorkies for Sale"). Three, 7-week old, baby, sweet, want to steal them, yorkie puppies. When I move to my next location and I'm a little more permanent, I'm getting one. But, ohmygosh, these sweet little babies were to die for. So where all the other millions of dogs. I told Kim, taking me to the Art Fest was like taking an alcoholic to a bar-- so much temptation. (RIP Murphy.) (No, he's not really dead, I just RIP him. Although, he should be dead- he's still eating sock. Don't get it? That's an entirely different blog posting I'll need to do....)

I think I'm taking my cowboy boots back. They make my feet look big. Yes, I know I'm a 9.5 (ok, maybe sometimes I'm a 10)- but I don't need to walk around with big giant boat feet. Or, draw attention to my feet (unless they are freshly pedicured and in a great sandal). So- I'm taking them back this week. And probably buying something else I want but don't need. Unless I purchase solid colored shirts- I need them. All I own are patterns. This makes it hard to mix and match outfits.

Today at work I wore a ballerina bun in my hair- not to be confused with a grandma bun (which I wore to the interview for the job I currently hold). Anyway... I was totally digging my ballerina bun not to be confused with a grandma bun, and a grandma that works in the building walks past me and goes "ohhh, I love your hair, dear". God. If a grandma likes it... does that make it less of a ballerina bun and more of a grandma bun? I hope not. I was totally digging the look.

I went to my first ever spin class today after work with Sarah (and her Dad, so cute!). This woman? Holy cow. She made us cycle to Hotel California. Now, I love (love!) the Eagles... but, really, exercise to it? To THAT song? I don't think so. She also told us to imagine a big dog chasing us up a hill and to peddle faster.... what a wacko. (I pictured the yorkies, so of course I wanted to slow down and pet the imaginary dog.)

I'm bracing to feel the burn tomorrow. I also now understand why biker shorts were invented. But, I will probably go back. (YES! Go back!!) Even better though? We're doing a Zumba class on Thursday... my favorite!!!

After the exercise I felt the need to continue to be "healthy" or something like that... I made a great stir fry with zucchini, peppers, onion, peas, carrots and chicken. So domestic!! Sometimes I surprise myself. And!! -- I'm bringing in treats for the office tomorrow- hopefully this makes me their most favorite, instead of just their favorite. (Tree bark and rice krispie treats- yum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment