4/27/2010

Dear Jarrod,

Ohhhh mahhhh gawwwdd!! Did we miss you! Blue/White was phenom!!! Since you're one of my favorite blog readers and most missed this past weekend, this update is specifically for you. As I write this, I'm imagining you shirtless, in your bed, reading and giggling. (Maybe with chatroulette on in the background?) Nothing in this world could make me happier! Oh, and fair warning, this is going to be a long one.....

First things first- my flight. Why oh why did I book at 6:30 AM flight? The 12:09 arrival to Baltimore was great, but the 4:30 AM leaving my apartment was not so great. Also not so great? Flight through Atlanta filled with a high school volleyball team. They were awful. I did not smile at any of them. And the giggling.... You couldn't pay me enough money to go back to high school. I was in the back of the flight, so I was looking forward to some shut eye. Until someone's alarm went off during taxi/departure (Um HELLO- Respect the "please shut off ALL electronic devices"!). Everyone is looking around and after 8 minutes of the most terrible sound ever and huffing and puffing and "that person has a lot of nerve", "is it your phone?", "where is that coming from?" the idiot next to me pulls his iPhone (should have known) out of his pocket and turns off the alarm and goes "Oh, I'll get that." Really, dude? Will you get that now? After you've annoyed us all? Thanks so much. Idiot.

I did the awkward plane sleep- I was so tired. I'm sure my mouth was open. But, since I had the aisle I wasn't sleeping on my idiot neighbor. How embarrassing would that be!? But what was embarrassing was when I was just falling asleep... you know how you go to that in between sleep place and you jolt awake because you think you are falling? Well, that happened to me, except instead of thinking I was falling I was swatting a fly (weird, I know) and just shot my hand out like a total wackadoo. Super embar!!

I successfully landed in ATL and hopped on the plane to BWI. No luggage issues. No seating issues. No delays. It was... a miracle! I haven't had such smooth plane travel in... ages. Once I got to Baltimore, roominatrix Michelle picked me up and we went to her house to let out all of her dogs. Four, very happy, love to have their tummy's rubbed, me next me next puppies. So cute. Then we had our favorite Baltimore lunch- Sakura hibachi and I got to see her new apartment. That Mich, she's so grown up! Then we were on the road and we of course hit some traffic. We also of course made a stop for a DC on the ride. We missed a McDonald's so we went to a Wendy's and I got a SO TERRIBLE twisted frosty something with M&M's. DON'T EVER GET IT. I don't know why I got it, actually. Have you ever dipped a french fry in a Frosty? I know some B's that do that...

Mich did some complaining about her arm. I forgot how much she loves creating the sicknesses. She saysss that on Monday she did a body building class and then the next day her father asked her to grate fresh parmesan cheese and now her right arm hurts SO MUCH and it hurts EVERY TIME she bent it and she told me EVERY TIME. This illness is now called "parmesan arm" and is very serious.

So we arrived at the hotel, motel, Days Inn party. I feel like there is a lot of hype around the Days Inn- but let me tell you, it's the worst hotel ever! There was mold on the ceiling! The decor is worse than a grandma's decor. They cut us off from requests after our 3rd request for blankets. Literally they told PJH "This is the last thing we are doing for you". Rude.

Thursday we met up with PJH and Rosie in the room and waited on LH. We left to pick up Buddy and new bff for life Nate who were drinking old fashioneds. We went to the Cafe and the Grille. All plans to "stick to beer" were abanonded and we promptly ordered 2 $2 teas. Fabulous! I saw so many great people and got a lot of compliments on my hair. It made me really happy since Meredith gave me the so so awful haircut just before Austin- remember how much I hated Meredith that weekend? Gosh!

One thing I forgot about State College was the bad news bears of the duplicate ID situation. They gave me a bit of a hassle at Cafe, but I successfully got in. The Grille though... well, that was a little trickier. Bouncer man asked for back up ID and all I had was the debit card, Macy's card and Verizon Rebate card- no photo ID. Apparently (this is what I hear) I took my sass level a little too high and requested the manager. I got in. But, the bouncer told Nate to tell me to "stop being a bitch". Woops. Whatever, Thursday was fabulous.

When I left the Grille I ran into an undergrad friend of buddy that I met earlier in the night. Literally, stepped out of the bar and smacked into him. We went and got pizza and he lip kissed me on the corner!! I said "Undergrad, I'm not lip kissing you" and I left him to return to the roommates in the Days Inn. Undergrads... gosh.

Since Mich, Lise and me all work- we were up at 7AM the next day. Just in time for circle chit chatting like we so love to do. This helped us get ready for our day way faster. PJH was a total boss about my outfit and telling me what I can and cannot wear. After all the crap I packed, he gave me permission to wear a $5 tee from target... go figure. I got to have lunch with my brother and me and Michelle got our favorite ever- Rotelli's lunch special. And then we headed over to the Cafe where all the friends had pretty much taken over the entire top deck. Glorious. There was a little bit of a situation where it seemed like everyone wanted to sit at table 1 (I was at table 2) but then we began hand selecting recruits for table 2 and it quickly became the superior table. (I would have invited you to sit at table #2).

I also got to meet my friend that I gchat that I've never seen in real life. When I was explaining to the friends that I had never met him but gchat him, they could not understand this. I said "It's just like a pennnnnnnpalllll". But, I met him! He was wearing green shorts.

I have no idea how long we were at the Cafe for but we left after many hours to go to the Mad Mex to see Rucas. Such the long line at the Mad Mex so we found Cone, Nan and G and went to an apartment in Nicholas Towers. (Love). We purchased the Twisted Tea in the Cardboard Keg and had a great dance party, power hour and limbo session. I did not play limbo... not that anyone reading this thought that I would.... (Nan won and gave a lovely speech celebrating her victory.. thank you compression shorts.)

Next was the Phyrst which was the ultimate time. I always so so so love the Phyrst but this time they were controlling the crowd and you could actually move around a bit! I don't know how long I was there- but the Phyrst is always the tricky situation since it is in the basement... I was convinced it was midnight... and then I looked up the stairs and it was definitely just getting to dusk. Woops. I'm sure this was when we remembered how hoodrat lip kisses were... and every hello was followed up with a "lip kiss me!!". Lip kiss contest started at this point in time. Buddy doesn't mind when other humes lip kiss, but he told me to stop. He's so protective, that buddy.

There was a so annoying girl at the Phyrst also in a yellow shirt. She was so sloppy drunk and in my face- um, excuse me? So I said, in definite sass, "Listen, girl. You need to chill out or I will personally request that you are removed from the bar". The sass continued until other friend came over and made an excuse for her behavior (turned 21 three days ago). I did not forgive messy sloppy girl, and she seemed to sense this, and was directed somewhere else. Seriously.. she was the sloppiest girl there, and that's saying a lot. I think, in total, "only" 2 (Rucas and DNoga) friends were kicked out of the bar for their performances. But, in general, taking your shirt off and losing shoes would get you kicked out of most bars...

MK, queen hoodrat, and I decided to leave and go to the 324 to see what times were happening there. On the way, we stopped and got pretzels. MK must have been very hungry because she purchased 2 of every type of pretzel. Hotdog pretzel. Stromboli pretzel. Plain pretzel. And whatever else was there. We ate the pretzels on the bench and headed to the 324 for what was pre-times. I was very sleepy and left with Palalio and we were back at the hotel by 11:30.

Me and Palalio get to the hotel and we are chatting and getting into bed. I went to fix the air conditioner and I found a body in the corner!! We are looking at this ball of a human and wondering one who is she and two how did she get here??? I text all roommates telling them about the random who I think looks like a native american and they tell me to shake her. So I do.... surprise! It is Mary Katherine. I should have known. Although she is as Irish as they come, when sleeping in a corner she definitely looked like a Native.

We're only to Saturday now... can you stand it? Should I take a break? Is this so many words? Is any of this enjoyable to you? I guess I don't care... I'll reread this in a year to prep for next year's Blue/White, so I'm going to capture every detail I want. Feel free to discontinue reading and then tell me about it later.

During the sleep situation, LH and Riley come back with Smerrit and PJH. I did not know this and the snorefest that was occuring was very terrible and I couldn't imagine which one of my roommates had picked up snoring since graduation. When Palalio got up to use the bathroom at 5:48 AM she informed me that PJH was sleeping with his head in the bathroom and to be careful. LH sensed a potential chat coming up and put the kabash on that quickly and announced the humes in the room. Culprit of snorefest? Smerrit. At one point he finally stopped snoring and it crossed my mind that he had potentially stopped breathing... and I did not care at all. I was so happy for the 30 minutes of rest sans snorefest.

Another 7AM wake up occurred. MK and PJH did some Mcclan's shopping where she purchased a full body, reverse snuggie, lion suit for the tailgate. She is so hoodrat.

When the time came to head to the tailgate.. I think we got moving at, um? 10 or 11? We purchased some groceries and some 12packs and began the walk. Which turned into a hike. Which turned into a trek. I mean, really, we were behind the Ag Sci arena! SO FAR! And, carrying the beers and the groceries and the vodka and the chips and the purses.... and then parmesan arm set in for the entire group. It was awful. Then parmesan leg set in. And by the time we got to the tailgate, we had parmesan body. Even the beer had parmesan body and the case broke the second we got there.

We proceeded to sit in a circle and enjoy the groceries and beers. We eventually moved into the RV where times were being had. Lots of great hume sightings and chatting. I played a few tricks on people and told them the Droid was voice activated. They bought it. I tried droiding and walking and smacked my head into a pole, that wasn't very fun. I also got to meet grandbuddy who had a puppy named cowface (or something like that). Ker lost her purse and cried for 45 minutes. She cried harder when we found it on the chair she was sitting on. Silly Ker. Someone brought a bag of limes, I carried three of them in my purse. Limes are hard to bite into directly, and I don't recommend you try that. Also, one thing you will hear about, that I did not do, but apparently Greggy found a funnel under the RV and was drinking out of it (and others)... only to later find out it might have been attached to the bathroom-- I know: DISGUSTING.

Times bounced all over around dinner time- groups were split and headed to different tailgates or different places to eat dinner. I visited the K22 tailgate and then me and Ker went to get Rotelli's dinner and a glass of wine. Lots of great chatting and back to the hotel. Ker immediately passed out and I took a shower and waited for the return of LH and Riley.

Lines were OUT OF CONTROL on Saturday. We had lots of great ideas, but everytime we got there, it was a bad idea. A bunch of us ended up getting some beverages and having the hotel motel days inn party and then moving to the ASG. I decided that I would go in first because if I wasn't getting in, no one was getting in (duplicate ID, remember?). As soon as I hand over my ID the man says "You need a photo ID backup. Are we really going to do this again?". SO EMBAR! Same bouncer from Thursday that I gave total tude too. I didn't even recognize him!! I apologized for tude and then said "But, am I still getting in?" and he says "Yes- but you are paying cover". Of course of course! I paid the $2 cover!! ASG was just what you would expect especially when we were able to secure the middle booth. A shot was had just before leaving and we moved to MM's sister's apartment for the rest of the times. Bff for life Nate brought champagne. I took all my sips of champagne via shot glass.

Again multiple sleeps in the Days Inn occur. Zac Morris, Smerrit, Cone... a real full house. Early wake up on Sunday is also fabulous although I think everyone is aware that the hangover is coming.

I get to ride back to Pittsburgh with Kolan, new friend Steve, (both of them are doctors so we got to have lots of bodily function discussions) MK and Andy.... amazing. I know we've shared a car ride before, so I feel bad saying this... but it was the ultimate car ride. So much giggling and story telling. The last 30 minutes was rough (since Andy couldn't tell us the last time he showered) and the hangover set in. I asked new friend Steve if we could get married (so tall and handsome) but both of us acknowledged that I wasn't quite marriage material during the car ride. Oh well, next time I guess?

Made it back to Pittsburgh and spent about... 2 hours with the family before I decided that I've lived alone for too long and was feeling too crappy to be there. The questions. The noise. The talking. It was just a lot.

At this point in my life, I'm still not recovered. I'm still sick- man voice has moved on to no voice. Oh, and then there was the fever and the chills and the no appetite. I still haven't had 8 hour sleep night.... But, it was all totally worth it.

Plans for the next outing should be drafted soon. Please say you'll be there!

I hope I provided so much detail and made you laugh. There was a lot of hype with this blog since people have been reading and not following (still rude) and confessing they can't wait to read it and hoping to get a special mention....

I did the best I could with so much to report back on... I'll also be posting photogs to the FB for your enjoyment.

Love always,
Xoxoxdroid.

3 comments:

  1. Best blog post ever for its many mentions of new bff for life Nate. I swear, I wasn't super nice to you just to earn blog mentions, but I like them now that they're here. See you in Tex for birthday bonanza/more blog shout outs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I seriously just read through all that crap only to find absolutely zero mention of the nice dinner we had to conclude your great weekend? Gosh Megan. I'm done with this blog. How do I un-follow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND I wouldn't have expected any mention on here at all had you not EXPLICITLY TOLD ME that I would be blogged about. I'm never putting on a nice shirt for you again.

    ReplyDelete