4/18/2010

Stevennnn

Before I even get into my week, let me tell you how much I hate HP and iTunes right now!!! All I want to do is listen to my tunes but it's making this stupid skipping noise. I don't know how to fix it!! I've done a system restore, I've deleted useless programs, I've restarted and restarted... and, I just want to listen to my jammmsssss.

Following up on Monday's posts- wacko boy texted again on Tuesday. I ignored. Other things happened to me, but I've forgotten them. I need to get a little notepad to carry around...

Oh! I know what happened. The exterminator came and returned my kitchen to me! I hate bugs. And I hate people that say "the bug is more afraid of you than you are of it".. blah blah... lies! I'm really afraid of bugs! Spiders, lightning bugs, lady bugs, butterflies, ants, bees, ALL OF THEM. So, attack of the ants last week was not so much fun. They were all over my sink! And appeared as soon at the exterminator left. Weird, right? I called the office and let them know that when the exterminator comes I shouldn't GET bugs, I should GET RID of bugs. So the exterminator came back and did his magic and the ants are gone! This was much easier to deal with than when I had the ants in my car. Yes. MY CAR.

That was a disaster. I kept seeing these little ants come out of my center console and I kept killing them one, then another one, then two more and four more and then panic set in. I went through the car wash (they were on the outside too) and i vacuumed the inside of the car twice and still... one, then another one, then two more and four more and... more panic. I went to the home depot and went to th first orange apron I saw and said "You have to help me!! I have ants in my caaaarrr!!!" (Yes, whine included). He suggested bombing my car (um, not happening) and then gave me ant traps and this spray- which I used immediately in the parking lot. People were definitely looking at my funny. But! It was an independent woman moment and the ants are no more.

I don't know what else happened this week. On Friday I made plans with girlmance friend, who I will now just call S since I think we might be real friends! And other new friend L came too. Anyway, we make plans for dinner and drinks. We go to this burger place and get this container that has ice n the middle of it to keep the more than 2 beers chilled. Perfect. It's a very tight restaurant, and you are pretty much sitting on the people next to you. When I got to the table my chair was stuck and I was trying to pull it out and L says "Pull!" and man at next table says "Yea! Pull!". I smiled at this man but went back to my burger and beer.

We start girl talk and man from other table decides there are parts of the conversation that he wants to participate in. S, bless her heart, jumps the gun and asks him "Do you just want to sit with us?". He jumped up very fast and continued to antagonize L (which was amusing) and do his best to participate in our chit chat. He told me I was the best of the bunch since I went to Penn State and have the "whole corporate" thing figured out... (little does he know....). His name is Steven, I wonder if he spells it with the "ph" though... (I know I usually give just the letter, but I think Steven's full name is important to the story.) So, when Steven's had enough of us he tells us he's heading to another bar down the street and if we stop by next round is on him. He lingers with some weird eye contact and gets me and S new chilled glasses and leaves. S gets giggly and says we have to go find him because he "loved me". I know I'm lovable, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't so lovable stuffing my face with a messy hamburger and wearing a plaid shirt. (Nothing against plaid.) Anyway, finish our beverage and decide... "Ok, let's go see Steven".

We get to the other bar, which is really a restaurant with a bar. We get there, get a drink and scan the establishment... no Steven!! That's ok, we chit chat and make friends with this bartender who looked like a Kathy or a Dottie and snorted every time she laughed. Very enjoyable. L says she is tire but me and S decide that we could probably still find a great time so...

L goes home and me and S go to another bar. We play erotic photo hunt and made the switch from beer to rum and diets (woops). We meet a few people and our drink at last call is a redbull vodka. I don't know we thought this was a good idea. So now we're all wired and head back to their apartment for a dance party (I feel like my Dad might be reading this and judging my judgement... but, Dad, it was fine!).

6AM was the time I was supposed to be waking up to go to the charity walk with my company. God. I was in no position to drive on barely any sleep so I decide to skip it and sleep until 10. Me and S wake up and are slightly close to death and just mumble "Steven". This was all his fault! If he would have just been at the first bar we would have had just another beer and went home for the night.. but no, we made the switch to rum&diets and stayed out way past our bedtime. We try to get up and function- what do you need after a night of drinking? A diet coke. What do I have? ONE DIET COKE. What do you think I did? Well I DID THE OPPOSITE OF THAT. I gave the ONE DC to my new friend (I don't want her to break up with me) and didn't even make her split it with me or give me a sip. (I have a feeling my DC loving friends are reading this offended because I would never be so generous with them.)

We participate in sleep part 2 until 1 and are functioning enough to grab Sonic. I drop her off and go back to my house and drift in and out of consciousness. Saturday night was the best night sleep ever. At this point in my life I feel like I need to re-evaluate my behavior... but Blue/White weekend is coming up.. and that's a terrible time to start being well-mannered. Maybe in two weeks...

Today's been pretty uneventful. There is rain in Plano and it's getting cold. I'm not looking forward to what I'm assuming will be cold weather in State College this coming weekend, but I am looking forward to a fun filled alumni bash with the roominators and just everyone else that I have been missing so much!

I'll have to get a pocket notepad for the weekend so I remember every amazing detail.

1 comment:

  1. You could put your pocket notepad in your fanny pack!

    ReplyDelete