5/24/2010

ultimate weekend

First, ohmygosh!!!!, two new followers!!????!!! Welcome!!!!!!!

Second- I had a girl date with new friend Jessica... and we like each other!! It was a little nervous because it was our first hangout....and I'd say it was a total success.

Third- I had the ultimate weekend with Kim this past weekend! So much fun... and she agrees: Dallas is a paradise and she will be back. Perfect!

Kim got in on Friday evening and she called me to tell me she was waiting for me. I hate that the airports don't let you park your car out front and wait... so I had to keep doing these loops around waiting for Kim to arrive. On one of my loops, all loops were at 10 mph, I heard this whistling out my window and I thought 'what is that whistling?' so I looked out the window and there is the boy looking at me and whistles at me and gives me this 'how are you' want-to-be suave look. Umm... weird!! I put my windows up immediately... except the sunroof. I love my sunroof.

Anyway, when Kim called me I told her "Listen for the car playing Justin Bieber.... loudly". She found me and we had great chatting immediately. Did you know we haven't seen each other since last August!!?? Isn't that outrageous?? I'm just so glad we can still be bffs. We got back to the apartment and I gave her the grand apartment tour and we picked out great outfits for the evening (so fabulous) and we headed out for beverages. We followed the same path that me and Ashley had when she visited. We went to the first bar and sat down and the bartender comes up and goes "Weren't you here before?" then he looks at Kim and goes "With a different girl?". Embare! I said yes... That was the other bff and she was a bit of a terror... I can't believe you still remember her. And he says of course he remembers! Oh, Ashley...!! We enjoyed a shiner bock and then headed to the pub down the street. The weather was gorgeous so we grabbed a seat on a bench outside. This total drunk wackadoo hick comes up and sits on our bench and is staring and making small talk... ok, whatever... and then he gets this, this.. glow.. in his eyes and goes "so, do you, two, uh... like each other?". Idiot. But, obviously we said "Yes". This hick goes "I've never met lesbians before". Are you surprised to learn that he was born and raised in Tennessee? I wasn't.

Saturday was a total adventure!! We went to Fortworth and went on a friend date with friend Andrew's cousin. Kim and I used the droid to find the location but we ended up in a totally ghetto mexican neighborhood near a Rodeo Dental and a sign for pantalones $3.99. Very sketch. I called the restaurant and asked if I was in the right place and the woman responded with serious concern "Oh no, ma'am!!". We got back on the road and after a bit of driving around, found the place. It was a beautiful patio with just ok mexican food. Cousin was funny and he brought a friend who ordered Diet Coke with lunch - love. I asked him how many DC's he has a day and he said at least 3-4.. you'd think it was a match made in heaven, right? False. He was a total brat and on his phone the entire time! Rude.

When lunch was over we went to the Stockyards... LORD! Was it FABULOUS!!! I mean- I can't explain it. It was a gorgeous sunny day and we walked around and looked in the honky tonk gift shops and saw all kinds of gems and great graphic tshits and super cool hats. We did lots of walking around and found blue margaritas to go and we saw this man with a longhorn out on the sidewalk and lots of people walking around with beer cans and so many puppies and great photo opps.. it was just glorious!! When we were walking around we saw a sign that the cattle herding (I think that is what it was called) was taking place at 4:15 so we found this great spot and sipped our blue margs and waiting for the longhorns to come down the street..... THEY ARE SO BIG!!!!!! I took a video and I'm going to try to upload it on the facebook. There horns bust me so heavy because their heads were so low- they can never sleep on their side which is so sad for me. And then there was another one with upside down horns...poor baby!!! After we were just smitten with the cattle walking down the street we found this other man on the sidewalk with a longhorn and took a picture with his cow (which I kept calling a horse) even though we were wearing dresses. It was worth the $5. It was actually the best $5 I can remember spending.. ever.

After the day of cows we went back to freshen up and then head to a food festival that was happening. We didn't know what to expect... but it was amazing. A bunch of restaurants come and you just go around to the booths and purchase mini meals from them... our first taste was a honey glazed pork chop we ate sitting on the ground with our hands... amazing. We also got sweet potato fries and a funnel cake and some great pizza.. oh then of course a beverage or two. We had a spot on the lawn by the main stage which was perfect since the main attraction was... TRAIN!! Our favorite!! Did I mention these tickets were only $10!!!!!! So great. We had a great little group of us that went and chatted and loved the tunes and had an overall fabulous time.

We made it home around midnight or so and watched the end of a law and order (love) and then started the first part of Grey's (Kim had missed the first hour) - which, fellow Grey's watchers.... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!?? I was afraid to do my laundry like I was going to find a shooter in the hallway. We didn't finish the first hour and went to bed and slept about 12 hours... It was so perfect. We then decided the best way to spend the day was shopping.... we totally dominated the Galleria and purchased some great choices. My best purchase was a maxi dress from BR that was way too expensive but then 25% off and Kim helped me justify it... and then when the took the censor out there was a hole in it. The hole wasn't a huge deal and no one would ever see it (except now you know to look for it) so the guy gave me another 20% off!! Great steal... well, not really a steal, but a deal nonetheless. We closed out the mall - we're so wild - and then came back and got ready in our new purchases to do a reverse happy hour. So much fun! We met a few weirdos and then we met some nicer guys and then we saw a man get arrested and cuffed and pushed on to the ground.... even though he seemed so drunk he would never escape... but, they cuffed him and called for reinforcements and two cops had to pull him up and toss him in the car. Quite a group assembled and started snapping pictures... this poor man. I couldn't believe my eyes! We finished happy hour around... 1? And then came back to the apt and had another great night sleep.

The great night sleep was followed by a casual wakeup since we both took Monday off. We had a great breakfast (because I'm such a great hostess) and then we spent the afternoon at the pool. There was finally a rager going on (Kim thought I was making it up...) which was surprising on a Monday. These people were mostly white trash, but still pleasant and friendly enough.

I had to get Kim to the airport for her flight after that and then made it back to my house to think about taking a nap... and then I got a call from Sarah- surprise! She is back in town! We did a fun little happy hour with the girls tonight and a quick dinner. Now I'm watching the Bachelorette on DVR. I hate Ali. She was a total B in the last season and is a total fake-a-roo in this season. And she looks like an idiot when she holds her dress and walks around. Most of these men appear to be attractive (including Roberto), half of them are so awkward and not funny and I feel bad for them, and then the one with the voice... is that a medical problem!? So weird. Thank gosh I can fast forward through the annoying parts!!!

Wow, so that was a lot! I've got a 4 day work week this week and a 4 day work week next week. Oh, and then I'm visiting Ashley in Chicago this weekend!! Busy, busy!! Can't wait!!

5 comments:

  1. i only saw the bachelorette for 10 min (bc i was watching tough love couples obv) but i know the man with the voice that you are talking about!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhh! tough love couples! that is something i definitely need to add to my DVR listing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was the season finale, so you will have to visit on demand, BUTTT there is going to a tough love couples wedding in a few weeks loll

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you got to see Train, and it was a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete