7/05/2011

Meet Follower 64: Mom Daly

I'm back from vacation and ready to blog! The most overdue of blogs is Meet Follower 64: Mom Daly who beat her children in a landslide for favorite Daly position.


Mom's interview was completed via email. I guess it's a little bit of a cheat blog because Mom Daly did most (ok, ok, ALL) of the funny, witty banter. But - I just had to share the interview with you before it got lost in my inbox!


Please enjoy!!!

fromMegan Miller 
toMom Daly
dateMon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM
subjectMeet My Followers: Interview

Mom Daly!

I don't know if you are aware or not, but in my blog I decided to pit
you, Conor and Nan against each other to basically determine a fan
favorite. You won by a landslide and my followers can't wait to Meet
you via blog! I'm thinking I can ask you a few questions and then send
you some follow ups...?? Is this ok!!?? Please feel free to ignore my
questions and tell the readers anything you think is important.

You've always helped me decide when not to go on dates, so any real
life, practical advice you want to share (as the only Mom follower) I
think could really enhance the quality of life for all followers.

So, without further ado, shall we begin?

1) Was there a startegy invovled with your landside win in the Meet My
Followers poll?
2) What is a day in the life of Mom Daly?
3) Can you share any embarrassing photos of the Daly children? If not
photos, can you share something that will embarass your children
(specifically Nan and Conor)?
4) What is your favorite memory of Gizmo, the prized shih tzu Daly family dog?
5) Is Austin the favorite child? I mean, why else would your email
address be his stats: name, date of birth??
6) Can you tell me a little bit about the love of Diet Coke in your family?
7) Please vividly describe your surroundings as you answer these
questions (Are you wearing slippers? Is it raining? Are you listening
to a mix CD of American Idol hits?)

Thanks for playing along!!!!!! :)


Megan




         fromMom Daly

toMegan Miller
dateWed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:13 PM
subjectRe: Meet My Followers: Interview

hide details Jun 15
Megan
I am so honored!!! I feel a little pressure to give witty substantial answers! But here we go!


The strategy of my win was to act as if I didn't care and yet keep commenting on how funny and witty I thought the blog was!
A day in the life begins with having my clock set  exactly 9 ( my lucky number) minutes  fast so that when the alarm sounds for the first time I have to exercise my brain to calculate the real time. I have the alarm go off 2 more times before I actually get out of bed I have a very exercised brain at least for subtraction.  I walk to work while listening to my Pandora Adele station... very uplifting!  Work is mainly sitting at my desk in front of a computer for 8 hours but this summer my hobby is calling home and bugging Gerard about whether he is up and what he is going to accomplish that day! I do take a break from that on weekends.  When I get home I  begin looking on the computer at the bridal registry for the next wedding shower. I go to a lot of weddings !  Been on South Beach for a couple of months so dinner is usually chicken and .......that's it just chicken! I do stay up late watching reality TV and news shows. Must  be able to converse with the young and old the next day at work.  I have lots of funny pictures of Nan and Conor  but I would need them to show me how to send them. So I'll tell you a funny story for each of them.  When Nan was in Kindergarten she was very stubborn about what she would  wear. One day she put on her Halloween costume which was 1920's Flapper dress with multicolored knee socks and stood in front of the mirror saying "Matt will have stars in his eye when he sees me in this"! She hasn't changed much!  Conor  was known by everyone including his grandmother as KING CRANK for the first 4 years of his life! He cried and whined all day everyday! He was even mad when we woke him up when he was 3 on Christmas morning to tell him Santa had come! He came down still mad about an hour later! he has changed! My favorite Gizmo memory is when I took him to a different groomer at the seashore and brought the wrong dog back! yes this is a true story ! When I picked Gizmo up he was fluffy white and very calm! My explanation was a really good groomer who most probably sedated him! But when I walked in the door the kids knew right away!   I really liked Fluffy did we really need to give her back?????  When we got our first computer Austin was the only one who was old enough to use it so we used his stats and just kept it that way! Remember I need brain exercising to get out of bed so any change is a big deal!  Ah the diet coke addictions! I think I put it in their baby bottles and sang them a diet coke lullaby every night!  I am composing my answers alone on my sofa watching So You Think You Can Dance! In my work clothes!  it is 9:52  and Nan and Conor are on their way to Thailand, Gerard is out at a house party, and Liz is at a dinner with her new fellow residents!  thanks for allowing me to contribute to your blog Love to all
Sent from my iPad


fromMegan Miller mlm0625@gmail.com
toMom Daly
dateSat, Jun 18, 2011 at 8:41 PM
subjectRe: Meet My Followers: Interview



hide details Jun 18
MD! This is so perfect! As I was reading - I realized I forgot a key question...


Can you tell followers a bit about Myrtle and your favorite memory of
her? I think most of them have worn some of her flea market finds at
various college rendezvous.


And, in closing, can you you do a little PR for me and encourage those
people who read and don't follow to follow??!!


Have a very great night!!!!!


fromMarie Daly adaly919@gmail.com
toMom Daly
dateTue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:55 PM
subjectRe: Meet My Followers: Interview





hide details Jun 28 (7 days ago)
Megan
Sorry it took so long I am in the process of packing to move!
Well I think my best memory is the day I met Myrtle I was looking for a "Mary Poppins " to watch my children but hired Myrtle who was more like Laverne of Laverne and Shirley! She even had a big "M" pin on which I'm sure she got at a flea market! Myrtle would also bring a huge trash bag full of day old bagels that she would get from the bagel shop. I think she would tell them she was taking them for charity and drop them off at my house each day. However there were about 100 in each bag and mostly stale blueberry or chocolate chip. Did she really think we would or could eat 100 bagels everyday???


Megan who is not following your  blog ???  Your blog is witty, cool and they better follow or I'll tell their mothers!!
Hope to see you soon! have a great summer!


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment