7/18/2011

Experiencing the Jersey Shore

I'm skipping the middle of my vacation because it was just fun work stuff. I picked out every cute boy at the seminar and then found out all about all of their girlfriends. I can, with out fail, pick the most expensive thing in the store & always pick the cutest boy with a girlfriend. (Although, Mom Loveless says "girlfriends are replaceable").

Anyway, work work work and then me and Kim (and Dave - but who cares) get on the bus back to Philadelphia. From Connecticut. At rush hour. It was the worst bus drive of my life! First off, I had to sit next to a smelly Indian who probably has never brushed his teeth. I tried to be friendly and ask him about the book he was reading, but it was hard to listen and hold my breath. So I continued to talk to Kim (and Dave - but who cares) for the rest of the thousand hour bus drive.

Ok, the bus ride wasn't one thousand hours, but it was probably 6 or 7. That is a LONG bus ride after your day started with a work breakfast at 7:30AM. Kim and I grab Chipotle for dinner and head to her apartment to grab my stuff and then she takes to me friend Healy's house (PJH). I throw on a quick dress and me, PJH, Natalie and Jarrod go to some bar that is totally bumping for a Wednesday night and meet up with friends Chris, Liz, Kiley, Anne and Rosie. (I hope no one else was there, because I've forgotten them.) Rosie showed me an inappropriate picture of Chris Brown, Kiley sang Man in the Mirror with a mom we named Patty or Brenda or something and then we went to a drag show in a basement. The night was a lot of fun.

And then came Jersey. I got to ride in Car Jarrod/PJH. PJH provided directions to Jarrod which consisted of "turn there" or "go that way" which are very difficult directions to understand. I don't even know if we listened to music on the way down! We definitely did not have the windows down though. Oh, and we (I) ate ChexMix. Yes- I needed a snack AND a DC for the 90 minute drive.

Anyway, we get to SIC and all of a sudden everyone starts giving me the rules of the house. The rules were pretty obvious to any grown adult. But it was the way that they were delivered that scared me and made me a little nervous to meet Mrs. Healy. There were lots of rules but the most important rules were: DO NOT SIT ON THE WHITE COUCH and DO NOT LEAVE YOUR STUFF (a hair dryer was specifically mentioned) ALL OVER THE HOUSE! There were other rules but there were so many I forgot them. I kept my tornado of crap all in one corner and I didn't even look at the white couch and I didn't even bring a hair dryer so I don't know why they told me that.  But, all of the rules made me uncomfortable so I don't think Mrs thought I was as funny as you all know I am and I also just kept smiling at Mr without saying words. I imagine their report-out post my departure was "Why does that girl laugh weird and why does she always no-tooth smile me?". I don't know. I was awkward and I usually kill it with parents.

We spent so much time muploading (mobile uploading) and lounging and listening to music and sunning.  Muploading covered all of the bases, so I'd like to put the vacation in picture format.

Sunning.

Eating.

Lounging.

Attractives.

Cupcaking.

Mustaches.

Cheesing.

More Lounging.

The vacation was totally phenomenal. I think the SIC humans will want to know where we did all of our cupcaking (besides the beach, obviously) and I'm not really sure since I was a follower not a leader. I'll give it my best shot: We went to La Costa sometimes and sat outside but there were a lot of baby lifeguards there and I was really having an issue wiht my age with all these underagers around. And when we were inside it was such sensory overload with all of the guido fabulousness that I think I've blacked it out just because.  We also went to this great two floor bar where the top floor was a really weird, shady attic with a homemade grandpa bar and the bottom was old people central jamming out to live music (which was obviously where the TIMES! were). I couldn't get into the Springfield because they didn't like my Texas temporary ID with PA license backup - I guess they have a lot of 25 year olds sneaking into their FABULOUS (my ass) establishment. And then there was OD and Dead Dog. I don't know which one is which but the one with carpet we went to on Friday and the other one we went to on Saturday.

Friday. Oh, Friday. Natalie picked us up, we all jammed into her car and went home and went to sleep. And then we woke up and went to the beach. And ate. And had the times. And it was fabulous. And then I remembered I hadn't seen my phone in a while. That's ok, because I didn't need to talk to anyone. But it was bad because I wanted to mupload. We look all over for the phone, no where to be found, and to be honest, I don't care as much as maybe I should so we go out anyway sans phone. On Saturday we tear the place up looking for it - no where to be found. I am convinced that either Jarrod or Natalie stole it. I decide I will just activate old phone when I get back to Dallas and wait for one of the thieves to mysteriously mail it back to me. When I was going to sleep on Saturday night, I wake straight up and realize I left my keys in Philadelphia. GOD! Those are two pretty important things, in my mind.. I have to arrange a dropoff with Kim and Jarrod at the airport and leave SIC and the east coast sans phone.

I then spent 8 days sans phone because I knew Jarrod or Natalie had my phone.  It's not that hard to be without phone, I didn't actually need to call anyone days 1-6, I just wanted to check my email and putz around during the work day on my phone, if I'm being perfectly honest. On Day 7 I was done talking to people at work so I skyped Sister Allie and got to talk with my parents, Poppy and puppies Moses and Lincoln. But later that night I just couldn't take it anymore!! And Natalie and Jarrod both said they didn't have my phone. So I had no choice but to bid on a phone on eBay with 4 day delivery. And then when I woke up on Saturday roommate Erin was missing and I just said GOD I NEED TO ACTIVATE AN OLD PHONE! But I didn't have a charger, so I went out and bought a cheapy one. And then we are getting ready to go out and Jessica says "Yea! Wear the boots!" And I put the boots on and there is something in there that I think is a deck of cards but turns out to be my PHONE! I gasp. Drop to the floor. I am in SHOCK! And, a little irritated that I have to issue an apology to both Natalie and Jarrod. So there it is.

I now have three phones. I am still using the chocolate slider (which can hold a charge for FOUR days), waiting for the phone I ordered from eBay to even get here (thank God I didn't wait on that one) and considering going to the Verizon store to activate most hated of all smartphones: cracked htc droid. But only because it has GPS. And I can't get anywhere without my GPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment