6/08/2011

Texas License

Some of you may or may not know that I have an excellent license picture. I'm not just saying this because I'm beautiful, I'm saying this because friends and strangers have complimented me on it: e.g. "Wow, that is a GREAT picture".

Pause: Some of you may be wondering, how did she know to use e.g instead of i.e.? I will answer this for you because before I did not know the answer and then I spent a lot of time googling until I found the perfect example of how to remember when to use which one.  IE is "that is" and EG is "for example" and in the great site I found there was a picture of an egg and it said "e.g.zample" or something like that. So, just know, when I say "e.g." I'm thinking of a fancy egg showing you examples of whatever I am talking about!

Play.

I sometimes find these compliments offensive because it always makes me think that they are thinking "WOW I can't believe she was able to take a nice picture!" Or "Wow! This is a great picture and she looks NOTHING like this in real life."

Anyway, what I'm trying to tell you is my license is expiring on my birthday (Remeber the only thing I want for my birthday (besides sitting at Seacrets all weekend long) (oh, and a chocolate chocolate cake, from Blue Bonnet, with 25 roses, one for each year)  is 100 followers.) And since I'll be traveling for my birthday, well, I don't want to get caught in the airport with an expired license. So, I thought, I guess it's time to become Texas official.

I think I told you about Jackson becoming officially registered in Texas - it was a pain in the ass, but a rather quick experience once I had all of the right paperwork.  For my Texas license I've been researching and preparing and getting everything in order: Social Security Card? Check. Birth Certificate? Check. Current License? Check. Car Registration? Check. Cash or money order ONLY? Check. I am so great!

I am also SO great when I wake up before 6 (BARF) this morning to primp for my glamour shot. I mean, I've set a high bar and cannot go backwards. So I shower and dry my hair and put a so great curl to the ends with some luscious volume. Wow, it looked great and I said that out loud to myself when I was looking at myself in the mirror. I spend too much time doing natural makeup (Ladies, what the hell is that all about) and I am only 10 minutes behind schedule when I leave at 6:55. This is so great! My morning is running SO GREAT! Are you getting this??? I will arrive at the DMV (but called Department of Public Safety or something stupid in Texas) 20 minutes before it opens, I've blocked off 90 minutes at work to wait, I'll become Texas official and my life will be amazing and my to do list will be shorter.

I had everything planned. I arrived at the Texas DMV which is, of course, in a shopping center and not visible from the road. The more I drive around the shopping center, the shadier the building comes. Not shady like "oh wow, this will protect my so fair skin from harsh UV rays!" but shady like "where the hell am I right now?". And then I see it.... at 7:10... AT LEAST 50 people lined up outside and wrapping around the building. I literally had to pick my mouth up off the floor. That is UNBELIEVABLE! (Not inbelievable - because I could NOT believe it!).

I drive back to work totally flustered that this great hair and natural makeup is going to waste for WORK. I mean, please. If work was a spicy hot date, I would be ok with going in with great hair. But work (at least, my work) is not a spicy hot date and the hair was wasted.

I then learn that if I have plans to get a Texas license I should plan for at least four hours of waiting before a paper printout temporary license is issued to me before my real, actual license.

FOUR. HOURS.

Texas: Really? Four hours? FOUR? That means I'm going to have to take a day off work. (Did I not mention there are no Saturday hours?) Or I could risk an issue with airport security post my birthday and the day my license expires (and the day I get 100 followers!!!).

In AMAZING news!! Hachey is following my blog and is given follower number 77! Double lucky 7s! Woohoo! I miss you more now than ever!! I love looking at your sideways glance in your gchat picture! Oh my gosh!! I am so happy you just started following, but I had to Facebook YOU to see what was going on!! This is terrible. People, just because I tell you all about me doesn't me I automatically know all about you! You have to give me details - I love gossip and the chat chat chatting!

1 comment:

  1. It may be just my imagination but I feel like I've seen multiple photos and videos of you displayed prominently on this blog yet the picture that allegedly possesses the most mystique somehow gets omitted. I know if I had a picture that I was complimented on regularly by "friends and strangers" alike, I would do everything in my power to superfluously flaunt said picture. That's just me though.

    ReplyDelete