4/27/2011

Seeking: Protection in Bar Fight

Ok, followers, I saw the "him" from the WWMFD on Friday and confirmed that he is not my type. I also added another reason to my list of "why I don't like him" which will also be added to the list "things boys will do that will make me crush on them".

See, I went to the beer garden with Roommate Erin on Friday night - roommate Erin had a concert and I had a beer or two while I delayed my own getting ready party before meeting Erin post concert at the beer garden. I was definitely having the times and we met up with two of Erin's friends who happened to be short guys. Chat chat chatting, whatever. I spy the guy I went on a date with and I go up and say hi and I'm not into the conversation and I just want to get back to my seat and the other conversation so I awk slide out of conversation and back to chatting with Erin and Sterling (first name, not last) and Jimmy. And then - a bar fight breaks out! I don't know if it was really a bar fight so much as it was a scuffle/commotion, but, whatever - short Jimmy jumped in front of me to PROTECT me and Sterling jumped in front of Erin and I was thinking "This is so nice of them to protect us from the bar fight" while I also decided to just stay put and possibly in the line of danger. That's when I see date-guy who is much taller than everyone and with friends (one of which was a girl) protecting no one. Now, I have a more substantial reason besides being uninterested to discredit this one and one more thing I'd like to find in a handsome man.

This brings my list of requests to: Tall, good teeth, job, can carry a conversation and will protect me in a bar fight. I don't think I'm asking too much. Right?

Saturday morning I got a too early call from an unknown number that I had to answer - I love unknown numbers. And, now that I think about it, unknown numbers are pretty much the only unknown I like. The unknown turned out to be a known from work to let me know about the tornado in St. Louis since that is where I was flying into on Sunday night. Cool. I spent some time on the phone with the travel agency and my manager and we decided to wait until Sunday to see if the airport became operational. This was fine by me because Erin and I had plans to go to the Earth Day event in Dallas.

Earth Day in Dallas which was celebrated on Saturday was SO HOT and full of so many informational pamphlets!! We signed a petition for cleaner water, got recyclable bags, decided to recycle and Erin signed up to donate bone marrow (I did not). We walked to the State Thomas part of town and enjoyed a chilled Donkey Punch which is a great beverage with moon shine and peach and pineapple and other great flavors served in a mason jar and is quite delicious.

Saturday night Jessica and Sarah also came over for dinner and me and Erin pretty much showcased our domestic goddess-ness with a fabulous homecooked meal that included this amazing tomato/avocado salsa (Erin), salad with a great homemade dressing (Erin), pretzel crusted chicken with a honey dijon sauce (me), baked vinagerette asparagus (Erin) and homemade strawberry champagne cupcakes (me) for dessert! So tasty! After we were fat and happy we went out for the evening and had a great time. Greatest time included attending 3 new gay bars including Round Up.

Round Up is Brokeback Mountain meets Lady Gaga with $1 jello shots and line dancing. I can't think of anything else I can say that will paint a better mental picture for you and make you want to go there... NOW. Other gay bar was S4 which is a 2 story dance party with intense strobe lights and a live drag show and inside and outside seating. Everything was amazing, I only wish Jarrod was there to experience it all with me!

However, waking up on Easter morning at 8AM after 5 hours of sleep and needing to plan travel to STL and get to church was not such a great time. I wasn't hungover from beverage consumption, I was over hung from exhaustion! I had to rush rush rush to do travel, packing, cleaning and church all before 12. Not so fun - but I did get to the airport on time and off to STL in on piece!

And now I'm back. In Dallas. And it's only 61 degrees. I mean, come on Dallas! I leave for three days and you think it's ok to drop 30 degrees? Unacceptable.

Acceptable: Two new followers!!!!!

Follower 64 is none other than Mom Daly. She is probably my most unexpected follower and Mom Daly is also the first Mom following (yes, actual Mother, that is a direct dig at you) and I cannot wait to arrange a Meet My Followers with her. Mom Daly has consulted on serious issues in my life - including skipping the date with Jesus lover and agreeing that woman who didn't talk to me at work when I got to Dallas was terrible. Oh! I also had a panic attack at her house. She's so great. The only issue I think I've ever had with Mom Daly is that I'm pretty sure she was team Kris Allen when I was team Adam Lambert. But, this I can forgive.

Follower is 65 is friend Jessica who I think is only following because she was mentioned in the last blog post. She is so self-absorbed and thinks EVERYTHING is about her.... gosh, she is a handful!! (Just kidding, Jessica!!!) Oh!!! And, my favorite thing is that she is Korean. She is actually 100% Korean which makes her my favorite 100% Korean that I've ever met. She is also part of the 1% of marrieds I actually like. The only issue I think I've had with Jessica is she is Team Edward and I am Team Jacob. This I cannot forgive, but will ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment