12/05/2010

tis the season!

Everyone has phrases that they say -- I have many. Obviously, "rage" is a favorite. But I have some phrases I use at work. They are: "Honest to God!" "Bummer." and "Tis the Season". I say "tis the season" pretty much all year long - because it's always some type of "season" in my mind - whatever I'm gearing up for - is a season. Except, NOW it really IS the season and I can say "tis the season" pretty much everywhere I go! Like the mall. Or the grocery store. Especially when talking to the checkout person. Checkout people love tis the season.

Macy's shoe department was not ready for the season as evidenced by their total lack of associates in the store and the billions of "football widows" at the mall today. Service was AWFUL. I mean, the department was a mess. People were in the longest line ever. No one was happy. Of the two workers, 1 walked around with a boot she was "putting back" but really she looked like a homeless beggar avoiding work. And the second one was always going to be "right back" but was never right back and never came back with the shoes people were asking for. I was so patient... until... All I wanted to do was exchange my shoes for half a size bigger. I went to one store. None. They sent me to another store who said they had them but didn't have them. Then they said another store had them - and I said NU UH not doing that again - You call them before I drive down there. They called. NO SHOES. So I told slowest woman in the world "Well, I don't understand what is wrong with your system or the stockroom that the computer says you have them and then no one can find them - but that is ridiculous and poor service. Don't bother looking at another store, just return these ones - I don't want them anymore". And she returned them. And apologized. Which I did not accept her apology.I just left. Sans boot. All I want is a flat black not a biker boot. I had to throw away my best boots from Target -- I REALLY wore them out. They were so good to me. If I would have known, I would have bought two pairs last year. But - I didn't. And now I'm sans flat black boot. It's the pits. (Also a favorite phrase of mine.)

I'm not going to say anything about work other than I think they are trying to drive me crazy. Sure, they were so excited to have me back (who wouldn't be) but, seriously, I got used to not answering their terribly obvious questions or requests. This week I had a mentoring call with my mentor. Typically I'm very capable, and usually, multi-tasking. But, I do not multitask on 1:1 calls for obvious reasons - the other person always knows! And it's rude. So I don't do it. Anyway. one of the managers comes up to my desk and is just standing there, looking at me making this "I have a question" face. And I make the "I'm on the phone, can't you see my headset?" face and point. So then she starts writing me a note which I think, ok, I'll check the note in 25 minutes when my call is over. But no, she doesn't leave and makes this "Check the note" face. I am so annoyed at this point. I have 30 minutes a month that are about my development and they can't just leave me the hell alone. SO I have to put my mentor on hold (which is terribly rude of me) and I say "What do you need?". It's like having children. I remember when we were little we'd make notes for my mom when she was on the phone "Can I go to Jessies? Check Yes or No". Well, turns out she wanted this damn booklet that SHE HAD THE WEEK BEFORE SO WHY WOULD I HAVE IT. But, presentation Megan doesn't say that. She says, "I'm sorry, I don't have that. You may want to check with the manager who owns that account." Duh. God.

Now, on top of all the other stuff that I have going on this week, I also have to go to all day training, all week. So - pretty much the longest week ever. Looking forward to it? Not particularly...

Except, follower Jillian is coming to Plano for business and I'm possibly catching a happy hour with her and a friend she has here... who I'm obviously going to try to steal! The friend is a he and she said he's husband material except he isn't tall enough which means he is not husband material. But that's ok - a fun, single friend takes priority over husbands.

After I blogged about not liking my little Christmas tree, I chatted with Ashley for a bit and then had this surge of energy to rearrange my furniture. I don't have so many square feet so there really isn't much to rearrange - but I flipped my love seat and chair and I'm totally loving it! i even put my tree in a new spot that makes it look so cute! Except, then I didn't like my wall art (In June Jarrod told me I have only pictures of flowers and wine and I think it was judgmental and I haven't forgotten it...) So, I went out to get a throw and couch pillows to spice things up and looked at art work and then there was this funky vase think and I needed some Christmas cards and then $202 later... I'm leaving the Home Goods store heavier than I went in there. And then I had to do Christmas shopping - and I think I'm all done!!! Now I just need to get it all up to Pittsburgh.

I'm starting to bake for the office this week to deliver a big cookie tray for everyone. Last year I baked for my team which was about 40 people? This year I don't have a team - technically I am in the same department as a team of about 45, but the rest of the floor is open and they were so nice to me when I got there so I'm adding them in there and then I've been really relying on facilities and security for some things so I can't forget them.... and, well, I think I need to bake for 130 people! So, a cookie a night this week (I'll freeze them in the mean time!) should get me just whee I need to be to deliver an impressive cookie display next Tuesday or Wednesday! Tonight I made peanut butter blossoms - I made them first because they are my favorite and I think I want to eat one (or two) for breakfast tomorrow :) Don't they look so yummy!!

Oh! I got a new friend request! Shane - family friend. He was helping my mom Christmas shop today. She needs all the help she can get when I'm not there bossing things around and crossing things off the list. I don't know if Shane reads my blog, or if me telling my mom we should all shop together spurred it, but it definitely helped my self-esteem (you know how low it gets) to get a new friend request. Still waiting for a follower, so how about one of you secret followers/readers publicly follow me. K thanks!

1 comment:

  1. loved the shout out obviously...friend stealing is also always permitted.

    ReplyDelete