10/28/2010

Thank God I get it.

First thing is first: I got my bag back. That was also a disaster. I called, called, called. Finally Delta told me the courier had my bag and to wait for them to call. I waited. They call and said it would be there between 1-3 hours. At the 4th hour I called them back and they said "Oh, it isn't there? Um.. Yes, the car broke down". Sure. I wasn't born yesterday - GOD, those idiots. So I tell him my cell battery is dying and I'm leaving work in an hour and my building is secured and how will he get the bag to me!!? "I'll get it to you, ma'am". Sure you will. Idiot.

I continue waiting and my phone starts blinking red and I think- this is it. I can't do anything. I can't go to the store because I'll miss the courier. I can't charge my phone because the idiot has my bag. I can't do laundry because... well, Ok, I can do laundry but I just don't want to! After the 4th hour, it's another 3ish hours before the courier arrives and calls me and says "I think I'm here. I'm by a fountain". I said - I don't know what you are talking about, but if you are at the address I gave you, you are here. Idiot again. I see my bag. Stained. All black. Damp. Just in bad shape. I know this isn't the courier's fault, but him being 7 hours late IS his fault so I do not tip him as I suspect I was supposed to do. Delta can tip them, And my tip to Delta is YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS! And, by the way, the news this morning said that some survey went out and Delta is the worst airline with lowest customer satisfaction. Surprised? Not in the least.

In the news yesterday... Plano was labeled the safest city to live in America!!!!!! WOOHOO Plano.

Just kidding - who cares. But it's cool that my company has a significant presence in both the safest city and the best place to live (Eden Prairie) in the US!

Even though it was later once I finally got my bag, I needed to go grocery shopping badly (remember, no spaghetti?). I went to Target and Tom Thumb and did such a great, healthy grocery shop! I got chicken and beef, and oranges and apples, and zucchini and peppers. And I got a big jug of salsa (I love that as a treat) and I got jimmies for my office treats. And I got some lean cuisines and frozen veggies and it was just a really great, mature grocery list. I also got KitKats to distribute to the neighborhood children. HA! Yea right, those are for me and I had 4 of them yesterday. Anyway, by the time I got home it was going on to 8 and I still hadn't eaten so I made meatloaf and stuffed peppers... for later in the week. And I had a Stouffer's macaroni and cheese for dinner, extra ketchup.

My mom gave me the ingredients for meatloaf over the phone and I kinda pulled something together and cooked it and was really worried about what it would turn out like - I mean, I don't even have a loaf pan. Well, it turned out so fabulous! And my Halloween office treats - well just take a look for yourself!!



I was totally the hit of the office (obviously). I actually have been a huge office hit this week since I was in Pittsburgh last week. They all missed me so much, especially the new hires that think I'm their HR even though I've spent a lot of time making it very clear to them that I am not HR I am Operations. Regardless, I got so many "HI!!" "You're back!!" "There she is!!" and I totally felt like the office star. Which, does it surprise you that I am this most of the time with my such great hair and totally the best outfits in the office? And my model strut down the hallways that I do everyday at precisely 3:00 PM with my iPod in my ears listening to Adam Lambert?

God, people, I'm just kidding with that last part. But I would totally kill it if I did it. Totally.

What I really thought I should tell you is about my cube... I'm totally isolated and I like it that way. I don't know if you all (aka ya'll) remember when I had the other cube near that total bitch that didn't say hello in the bathroom because she was pretending not to see me and I had the dreams of locking her in there in the dark? Well, now I'm in the low cube that shares a second cube but no one is in the second cube or on the other side of me so I have all this space to just live in. And I prefer it because I still see humans, but they aren't all up in my business noticing weird things I do. Weird things I do are usually just talking to myself of doing a little foot dancing when I'm listening to my pod, but today I was eating an orange and I was making a disgusting mess. I mean, I cut the orange at home to reduce dripping and overall explosion of juice but I still managed to squirt orange guts everywhere - computer screen, desk, arm, cube wall. And I was a bit slap happy, so the entire situation was amusing to me. As I continued to eat the orange to the best of my ability, but still looking like an orphan eating steak, I decided I like my own space. And, people probably prefer me to have my own space.

Which, it's a good thing I live alone. But, there are a few times I think everyone wishes they had a roommate to help with things. 1: Finishing a dozen eggs. Seriously, who can finish a dozen eggs, by themselves, before they go bad. Thankfully eggs aren't expensive, but it just feels so wasteful tossing eggs. Even though when I had Mich, LH and Ker I don't think we ever finished the eggs and spent lots of time trying to determine if they were good or bad (which, by the way, if you put an egg in a cup of room temperature water and it floats... it is bad!). Groceries is also another time I wish I had a roommate - I don't mind the actual shopping part, it's just the getting them out of the car, into the apartment and into the fridge/cupboard/freezer. That is the WORST. Especially with my DC needs and gallons of milk - I cannot carry all of that and all my other food choices at one time. And, while we are talking about grocery shopping, I don't know how people in NYC shop in such small increments. I would hate doing that. Trips home are difficult too because I have to pay out the ass for parking or a cab. If I had a roommate I wouldn't feel like I was inconveniencing them by getting dropped off at the airport since I would be living with a respectable person who would know I was going to the airport and would offer to drop me off. To which I would say "You're so great!" and they would say "I know" and then we would watch Modern Family and laugh together. And then retire to our separate spaces and maybe not cross paths for the next 24 hours.

If you aren't watching Modern Family - you are a loser. The Halloween episode was laugh out loud funny and you should, right now, go to abc,com and watch the episode. If you don't think it is funny, then you just don't get it. And, Cone, am I right?? --- There is no worse tag than "doesn't get it". Thank God I get it.

1 comment:

  1. Couple of comments:

    1. Delta is the most hated airline according to the news this morning. United is number two. AGREED on both!

    2. You should add more pictures to your blog.

    3. I only read the first sentence so far in this blog!

    ReplyDelete