10/07/2010

Post 61!

HEY FOLLOWERS!!! It's been a while, huh? I don't know where I'll start, so I'll just start with the last thing I did - I got home from work.

I don't know if other people do this, but the second I get in the door, I take my pants off. I just love living alone and not having to wear pants if I don't feel like it. I mean, sometimes I don't even make it out of the kitchen - that's how much I don't think I should have to wear pants in my house.

Also when I got home from work I remembered I just bought pork chops at the grocery store and I had to eat them before they were ruined. I even sautéed up some onions and it was so good. Let's time out for a second and talk about things I buy at the grocery store-

In Chattanooga, for whatever reason, I purchased lots of real food and did lots of cooking. Now my favorite thing is a Lean Cuisine - and I only like 3 or 4 kinds (5 cheese rigatoni is my favorite) and I really love the Kroger brand BBQ chicken pizza, and canned green beans and fresh asparagus, and watermelon. I mean- I don't even know what I buy at the store and what I eat. But, I will tell you this - I am 6 lbs heavier since moving to DALLAS!!!

I know what you're thinking, "Megan, whaatt!? That's silly - you're so tall and beautiful and you could stand to gain a few pounds". I know, right!? Well, for those of you that get it - I'm not going to explain to you why I just said that about myself because, well, you get it. For those of you that don't (friends of my aunt that read this, neighbors, harper) I'm going to continue talking about myself that way and I just don't care what you think. BUT - really, when I went for my last checkup the doctor was really upset that I don't exercise. It did not help his plan that I'm a great weight for my height - so he made me go on the body fat machine because he really wanted to show me that even though I was the right number of L-Bs I probably had TONS of body fat and should, obviously, exercise. Welp - he was pretty much screwed when the body fat machine game me a great BMI, below normal body fat AND told me I could GAIN 3 lbs!!!!

Well, now I'm in huge trouble because I gained 6 lbs. So, what I'm saying to you is that I'm going to start cooking more, after work, probably not in pants and dropping the 6lbs so at my checkup it will be like nothing changed!!!

Actually, I would like to lose 10 lbs. But, work is very stressful so sometimes I have to stray from my packed lunch of LC, fruit, 100 calorie pack and DC. For example, yesterday, I got a 3rd DC and had 4 hershey kisses. BECAUSE I deserved it. BECAUSE work is that busy. And will only get busier- especially since work has no signs of letting up and I haven't been using PTO so now I have to use it or lose it in the 4th quarter while working on a 1/1/2011 project - cool!!!

I'm not going to even talk to you about work right now - but know this - I'm working at least 50 hours a week. Awesome.

Last week I took a half day on Friday and drove down to Houston to visit McCowan - so fun! I mean, obviously McCowan is a total babe. AND his friends are just as great and handsome as he is. I spent most of the weekend telling McCowan's friends how handsome and great they are and that McCowan and I are not romantic. I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that I am queen of platonic friendships with (handsome) men. If I'm your friend, we're not romantically involved. If we're romantically involved, we're probably not friends. I have so many boy friends but no boyfriend. THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.

Ok, so Houston was SO GREAT! I mean - the most beautiful, perfect weather! 80's, but cool, sunny, open windows, just a great time. As far as things we did? Chat, consume, brunch, bottomless mimosas, football, football, consume, football, etc, homemade omelet by McCowan that I put ketchup on which really offended him. Great weekend. But, the entire weekend became a study to me - I was the only girl (my favorite thing) and I was just watching how the boys talked to each other and about things. Roommate Stevtrada (remember him?) is pretty much the funniest person I have ever been around - he is like Glee or Dancing with the Stars to me. I know his might offend some men- but I don't think he is Glee or DWTS, I just love watching him and smile and can't wait to see what is next!! I mean, every time I looked at him, he was doing something that was laugh out loud funny. Including asking people to put things on a scale of 1 to 10 and only giving an answer in the thousands: which meant, that Friday, on a 1 to 10 I looked a 7,000!

Anyway, this is what I learned: boys and girls hold completely different conversations. FOR EXAMPLE: On Saturday McCowan's friend Mike asked him to be a groomsman in THE most ROMANTIC way I can't even imagine it myself!! We were driving to watch the Texas/OU game and Mike said he had something for McCowan at his house - so we stopped to get the package and I just observed the rest from the couch:

Mike: Here you go, open it
McCowan: (gets out keys to open taped box) (pulls JD whiskey out of bottle and looks at it) Thanks, man
Mike: There is more in there
McCowan: (weird look, pulls out stuffing, weird look again)
Mike: (takes over the opening of the present and gets the "more", hands to McCowan)
McCowan: (reading) Remove back label? (tries to use the key to remove the back label)
Mike: (realizing McCowan is going to RUIN EVERYTHING, gets out his knife and begins to remove the back label himself) Here you go
McCowan: What? Really??! Yes!
(bro hug. the end)

This is when I get up because I've been so good and quiet and want to know what the heck is happening....and really, from that story, you don't know what is happening!! Well, I will tell you!! Mike somehow (probably magic) had someone (maybe him?) write on the BACK of the FRONT label "Groomsman? 3.19.2011" and you saw it through the BACK of the bottle after you removed the back label!!

Seriously!! I wanted to CRY!!!!

And then we finished our beer and got in the cab.

That's pretty much the extent that they talked about the groomsman incident - which, seriously, was SO BROMANTIC it could have brought me to tears. Boys never talk about anything worth talking about - all I wanted to do was talk about the moment. But it passed. And that was that.

And that's the end of this post because I don't even know what I've said.

PS: Rohrbach, you think you are following but you aren't. No kudos for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment