10/24/2010

a little hiatus

Hey humes - super sorry about the last blog post and then my two week hiatus! I think some of you think I was lying when I said I was REALLY busy - but, I was. I was so busy, I couldn't even think of something to bitch about. I mean, how much BUSIER could I get?!? I don't even know where to start, so I'm going to start with a complaint. Well, actually the story that leads to my complaint...

I went to Pittsburgh this past week for work- which is convenient that my trip gets expensed, I get to network in the other office and I get to stay at home for a week. It all works out very nicely. Also, I get to go to Macy's with a shopping partner (my mother or sister or both) which is always the best way to shop. I was mostly good the ENTIRE week, until yesterday when my mom wanted to go to Macy's for something and I ended up purchasing 4 pairs of shoes - 3 from the store, and then 1 from a nearby store that had my size. What shoes, you ask? WELL! This great deep red, appropriate heel pump. A so versatile black flat with just a baby wedge heel and great little buckle. These tan boots I've been watching with a slouchy top that are going to be so great with jeans. And then the early bird special black bootie that really I thought my mom would buy and then I tried them on and they were so cute and just half a size too big so I had to get the 9.5 from the other Macy's. Since we were shopping and I had to go pick up my booties, we went to the next Macy's and they had MORE shoes that I hadn't seen!! So cute. They had these ADORABLE mary janes that were tweed except the heel and toe- SO CUTE. And then these amazing AK pumps that were nude and black with gold studding and a great bow. And I tired them on and said "Uh! Love" and my mom said "I shopped when I was single, get them" and then I was 6 pairs of shoes heavier. But I used coupons. And most shoes were specials OR clearance. And the shoes, all together, were just under $200. In shoe world - I think that is a great deal. And, UH I love them! Love.

I was nervous packing my suitcase because I was certain the extra shoes would put me over the 50lb checked bag limit- but, after everything was packed I was at 47.7 lbs! Such luck! Off to the airport I went...

Lines, lines, lines. I don't know why. The Pittsburgh airport is usually quiet, but not today. Lines to do self-service check-in, lines to drop your bag, lines for security. God. I HATE lines. But I waited in all of them, and each line I waited in, without fail, was the line that was ended up moving the slowest. GOD.

Get on the plane (Delta) and it is SO HOT. I mean, so hot. But I overlook this because I'm happy to be in the emergency exit row... until I get to my seat and see that there is a hidden rope that isn't hidden and kind of looks like part of the wall was falling off since this rope was exposed. Because I wanted the plane to take off on time, I pretended I didn't see what was some type of damage and just tried to cool down on the so stifling plane. Well, I cooled down as soon as we were in the air since the plane all of a sudden remembered what air conditioning was and the temperature dropped to 40 degrees. SO. COLD. Fly, fly, fly. Land.

I'm in Memphis and that entire airport smells like barbecue. I think that is the only thing you can get there. Rain, rain, rain - 20 minute delay for the flight. I try not to get worked up because I'm planning my grocery list for once I land in Dallas and I'm less likely to get worked up when distracted. And, my grocery list was for Halloween treats for work this week AND getting back on the cooking wagon and off the spaghetti wagon. So, whatever, we get on the plane 20 minutes late. Except now it is POURING down rain and the desk attendant is sorry to tell us that our plane is at one of the gates that, "regretfully", will require us to walk on the tarmac to get to the plane. Did I mention it was pouring down rain? Great. They gave us umbrellas that were used by passengers in front of us and walked out in the rain and then thrown from the top of the stairs and collect rain and then a man in a yellow rain coat picks them up, shakes them off and then returns them to the waiting line of passengers. The umbrella served no point since it dripped on me but I did like tossing it off the top of the steps all "Get this piece of garbage away from me".

This plane was no nonsense and went straight to the 40 degrees. I got the exit row again and sat down and just got into my book and thinking of my Halloween treats. Then, I feel this drop on my arm and think "Weird, I didn't think I was in the rain THAT much" and then I look to the left, and the emergency exit door window is leaking. I mean, SERIOUSLY? Again, I didn't want to delay takeoff so I wiped the rain off my seat and just pretended that I didn't see it. And, that worked out OK because... well, I'm writing this.

Ok, so fly fly fly land in Dallas- 85 degrees, sunny, beautiful. So great! I flew through Love field, which is small, so I'm to baggage claim in no time and then before you know it bags are coming out and..... bags are coming out..... and bags are coming out.... and bags stop coming out. Yep. My bag was gone. Oh, and remember how i mentioned it was a small field? There was no one at the desk (she loads the bags on the plane too) and I had to wait for 45 minutes while I continued to call Delta to see if ANYONE would help me find my bag. Delta was AS RUDE as you could get transferring me to closed numbers and India and no one answering me. And then FINALLY this woman shows up and tries to help me but obviously doesn't. I'm still bagless. She promised that "SHE" would find my bag. But, no call yet. Oh, and my phone charger is in my suitcase so I guess now I have to go out and get one of those so I don't miss the call.

And, this bag? Remember the $200 worth of shoes? In the bag. Plus the $40 boots I got at th beginning of the month. And then my makeup is probably $150-200. This doesn't include clothes - I mean, HELLO, jeans long enough for me don't just go on trees! So, no call yet. Bag is missing. I am miserable.

The only thing I wanted to do was go grocery shopping.... but there was a tornado warning that seemed pretty serious since they were showing pictures of the tornadoes touching down all over. I have no geographic sense (is that a thing?) to know if the tornadoes were near me or not but it was looking a little windy outside so I figured the safest place was in the apartment complex and not driving down the highway with wacky Texas drivers with the potential of rain and tornadoes. No tornadoes hit Plano though. Although, there is nothing like a tornado reporting on the news to take me back to Chattanooga and all the loonies who somehow manage to get on TV.

Since I'm in such a great mood, I'm going to write Delta a nasty email on their poor customer service and then I'm going to go defriend some people on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment