7/06/2010

i've never pregamed church before

I was doing some... reflecting... on my blog. Boy have I been busy since getting to Plano. But- in being busy, I think that I've lost part of my blog that really helps me cope- a free outlet to do incessant whining and or obsessing over trivial things. So, from here on out I'll still give you recaps, but I'm going to try to make sure I get in one or two (or three or four) good rants- and if you don't want to read it... WELL I DON'T CARE BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY AREN'T EVEN FOLLOWING ME ANYWAY.

So let's start with that- following. I don't know WHY THE HELL you people aren't following me. Are you thinking "Why is she bitching? She's got 32 followers!" - well, I'll tell you why- because I know there are a few more of you out there. Even LFS is doing this secret following thing that I can't even figure out. Many of you are loud non-followers (aka tell me you read but won't follow) and I hate you for that. I like to know things- I like to know ALL things. And I JUST WANT TO KNOW who is reading. So now you're thinking "well if I'm a loud non-follower, then you obviously know I'm reading". In that case, I think you are just rude. And don't even leave a smart comment, Rohrbach, I won't tolerate it anymore!!!!!! ALSO! Emily Hebner's blog has more followers than me and she's been going at this... what? 5 days? Double rude. Nothing against you Miss Hebner, of course. She's probably not even reading this because she isn't a follower.. oh wait, that probably means she is reading it. But seriously, I can't even understand what an ajeen is or whatever she writes about but I follow her. It's called support. Show some.

Girlfriend Sarah is showing some by being my newest follower- welcome. Sarah wasn't following the blog from the beginning (when I started blogging about her) but even now that she does follow she isn't totally creeped out by my blogging about her and her not knowing. This is the true measure of girlfriends- how much your creep factor sticks out and they still stick around. We are so romantic.

Other things I hate? We'll get back to that...

I spent some time with Ashley's family for a 50th wedding anniversary that they were having for Uncle Bill and Auntie Donna. I got to meet so much family and pretend I was one of them all weekend. Holy cow are they a wild bunch. They are everything I imagined a midwestern family to be- including coolers and coolers of bud light and a Grandma too sweet that you aren't quite sure how she got mixed up with them. The family was SO FUN and all I wanted to do was work my way into #1 grandchild spot and work Ashley to the curb. Friday was a BBQ, Saturday was the 50th wedding mass and dinner and Sunday was a raging pool party. I won't go into details because, again, I won't be able to do it justice- but some highlights were:

1) Uncle Bill shared with me how he knew Auntie Donna was the one. He said that he actually didn't, but she had known since 6th grade and he listened to her. He said as long as "she" knows, that's enough. I'm going to try to apply this theory.

1a) Uncle Bill was a highlight of the weekend. He told me that I should never buy my own diamonds and then he lip kissed me! Less creepy than that actually comes across while reading... but still that's pretty much how it happened. He was jamming and dancing out to Black Eyed Peas with his grandkids and his suspenders. The next day Uncle Bill was a little slower going but told me that I looked very nice with next to nothing on (swimsuit). I totally know why Auntie Donna knew he was the one- he probably charmed the pants right off of her! That Uncle Bill....

2) Jello shots and kegs are not just for college parties- they are for grown ups too. 200 jello shots shaped like an American flag, however, show more effort than you would see at a college party.

2a) In addition to the wild drinks at the pool party... we may or may not have pregamed church on Saturday. I have never done this before- and definitely not with adult supervision and encouragement- but, well, we did. I wasn't buzzed or anything for church BUT I did have a Miller Lite or two (ok, maybe three, I'm not sure) with all the Aunties and Uncles while Grandma was there! Oh, and even though it was a happy celebration, they sang most of the songs I want to have sung at my funeral. (Is that morbid? I think in other families that might be morbid, but I've spent plenty of time discussing arrangements for me, my mom and my sister. Maybe that's another post....)

3) Ultimate pool game can be achieved with about 8 players with ages ranging from 13 to 45 when you have an in-ground pool and a diving board. The game is called "Line up at the diving board and try to make the biggest splash and get a score out of 10 from Auntie Mary and then get back out of the pool and back in line and do it again". This was ultimate fun. And lasted 2 hours. I consistently got 3s and could never make a good splash even when i tried to jump SO HIGH. I was so down with the "Line up at the diving board and try to make the biggest splash and get a score out of 10 from Auntie Mary and then get back out of the pool and back in line and do it again" that when jumping in I actually was injured- I split my lip!! But, I did not cry and I did not give up- I got an ice cube and kept going. I also hurt myself when playing "Line up at the diving board and try to make the biggest splash and get a score out of 10 from Auntie Mary and then get back out of the pool and back in line and do it again" when I was showing off my upper body strength by pulling myself out of the pool sans ladder. This may or may not have result in skinned knees from the concrete during my first attempt. (I used the stairs after that.)

4) I cannot move to an area of the country that does not have a Chik-Fil-A. It seems terrible, but it also seems that you appreciate it more when you find one. I'm glad I have plenty of CFA's in my reach here in Texas.

5) Ashley got crabby on Sunday night and definitely gave me an opportunity to make headway on becoming the #1 grandchild since I was obviously NOT crabby. Even when we parted on Monday she texted later saying that the family was STILL talking about how great I was. Surprised? I'm not.

Other great things happened but I'm not going to waste your time with that...

Apparently now that I'm 21 and 3 years, I'm getting very old. I think I have heartburn!!! I've never had heartburn before so I really don't even know what it is... BUT- I was never aware of my esophagus before and yesterday evening and even this morning, I'm very aware of my esophagus. I can't explain it... but I think I'm going to call it heartburn and maybe have my second ever in life Tums today after work if I'm still aware of my esophagus. Has anyone else turned 24 and gotten heartburn?? A friend who I assume will want to remain anonymous says that in her 24 years of old age vegetables have started to give her gas.

In grown up news: I'm saving for a washer and dryer but Macy's keeps getting in the way. Maybe in another 6 months?....

Last but not least for today: I'm going to see Twilight this week. I'm rereading the book to prepare for the movie and I CANNOT WAIT. CANNOT! WAIT!

3 comments:

  1. I follow Meg!!! Also, I am number one FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is natalie the friend with the vegetable gas that wishes to remain nameless?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should blog for you and not for your followers! :)
    Anyways, people can subscribe to a blog without being a follower, so you probably have more readers than the "Followers" indicates. You can use Feedburner to keep track of how many readers are following your blog.

    ReplyDelete