6/17/2010

miss me?

Have you missed my rambling? Well, here you go...

Biggest issue in my life last week was the droid. You know I LOVE LOVE LOVE the droid but it seriously started SPAZZING out. It was picking new screens and drafting text messages and dialing numbers and just a total looney tunes! I had to have Kim call the store for me which was open only for 30 more minutes and rush over there sans GPS. I rush in like a crazy woman sans makeup (I always try to put on a little bit of a face if I'm going to ask for something and not expect to pay for it) and go directly to an Asian- I figure that's my best bet. Asian man is very helpful and from my increased knowledge of all things Asia- I'm assuming he was Chinese. But, I really have no factual information to confirm this, other than instinct. Anyway, lots of hard resets and some more spazzing and most of the problem is fixed except the entire left side of my touch screen doesn't work and I need to order a new one, but I was traveling and that just wasn't going to work. So, since last Tuesday I have been without a functioning droid and I've been starting to hate it.

Last Wednesday I flew a direct flight from DFW (Dallas) to BDL (Hartford). Simple enough, right? Wrong. Key word: flew. When I woke up the weather said that there were storms and I knew it was down hill from there. All in all, I spent about 4 hours on the plane moving back and forth between the line for takeoff and the gate. What happened you ask? Well, first they couldn't guarantee me a seat (even though I was booked) and then I got to sit next to an 80 year old man who hadn't flown in 20 years and a 800lb man who spilled over into my prime (year right) middle seat. Full flight into Hartford meant lots of slow olds and irritating grandchildren that took more than enough time to get seated. The storms caused backup for the runway, which caused us to use up fuel which meant we needed to turn back around but that's next to impossible at DFW where they had 3 lines of backed up planes and then once we were back at the gate we had to wait for the fuel truck to make it and then fill and then go back through the safety material AGAIN and then get back in the takeoff line (75 mintues) and... well... 4 hours later- I was finally in the air.

Annie picked me up from the airport and took me promptly to get dinner since I was starving from my unexpected 8 hour adventure. Annie and I were so great at work and in the office by 8 on Thursday and Friday. Even on Thursday we came home and did an hour of work at home!! We are basically amazing. Friday was as exciting as Thursday we went to BJ's (like Sam's club) and the Big Y (grocery store) and then went home and we watched Men in Black... twice and enjoyed some red wine and pretty much gossiped and chit chatted all night. It was great and I had a great night's sleep.

Saturday was more spectacular with prepping for having people over and then driving around to attend three wineries. I've never been to a wine tasting before- so fun!! It was an Open House on the CT Wine Trail and I learned a little bit about wine. The ultimate winery was the last one and I let the wine lady know how terrible I thought the first wine lady was. She said she was surprised because she usually hears good things about them and did I know the woman's name? I said- yes of course and I showed her my winery passport... well, turns out this is her friend and Annie has to back track on behalf of me. Whatever. Winery #3 rocks.. and $6 tasting for 11 wines? Pretty much fantastic.

Saturday night we prepared for a bbq and beverages. It was a small gathering, but I didn't know so many people so that was so great to make new friends. Lots of boys, so I always like being around them, even if they aren't husband material. The rain never stopped so we played some beer pong and I was surprisingly good and a two time winner of the evening (probably to never happen again). Oh, and then there were the cigars that we smoked on the back porch which was really I think the highlight of the evening. Oh, and my super sweet leather vest I wore that is from one of my favorite stores, JCP.

Poor Annie was... hmm... death on Sunday and wasn't really functioning until 5PM. I enjoyed the lazy day. We made a trip to Target (I love the Targ) and then stopped by new friends home for a BBQ. Only one repeat friend- Tom- who owns ducks which he has in not exactly a cage setting. I do not think Tom should have ducks. I especially don't think he should have ducks after his 4 other friends arrived and it became boys wanting to play with the ducks. Unsafe. Poor ducks, they just wanted to swim in their pond. Three of the boys were from PSU too, so that was great too. Not great? Bugs- I still have two bug bites on the top of my foot... itchy!

Monday was a half day of work because the training kicked off at noon with a community service event. I won't give too many details on training- but let's just say I have awesome company pride right now and I'm super pumped for work! Things not training related.. super cute boy on the training committee with me and I might have mentioned it at the party on Friday. I don't understand why this was a revelation to anyone- he is obviously handsome- but apparently it was. I told the girls and then more whispering occurred and then the boys really loved that I loved his strong jaw line and continued to tease me about that. (Super great jaw line and so tall... I think I'm fair to guess 6'5.) Anyway, at the training we were doing lots of networking and people I didn't even meet yet were saying things like "Oh, you're the girl that likes Adam". Seriously? I think 75% of the people I met knew or found out I had a crush on this boy. Let's get a few things straight- regular Megan LOVES having crushes, presentation Megan thinks it is unacceptable to discuss these things at a work function so I pretty much was so awkward with the situation. Worse? Adam knew this because someone else on the committee told him!! It was awful. Presentation Megan was high stress with the entire situation. Uh, but he was super handsome.

It was fun people with work people all day because you really did meet new people and then once we were released from duties.. well, a good majority of us managed to meet up at the bars afterwards and do... more networking. Ultimate networking since a few beers were involved and that makes everyone chattier. But - that does not help the sleep situation when bars close at 2 and you need to be functioning and present by 7. Somehow we made it work though and, really, the entire 2.5 days from start to finish was super awesome.

Also super awesome? My flight back to Texas was SMOOTH! Really!! We took of 10 minutes later but still managed to land 15 minutes early. So perfect! I checked my work emails and went right to sleep. And then today I had a great work day - super busy.

I'd say I'm pretty much content at this moment in life... except I have no chocolate and I really want a KitKat. That's a huge problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment