6/20/2010

babygirl

After rereading my last blog (and yes, noticing some spelling/grammar errors) I realize that I did not do my week in CT justice. It really was a phenom time. Annie was a little disappointed that I didn't blog about my feminine wiles, and when she pointed this out, I realized that I was disappointed that I forgot about it because it was really a running joke the entire week.

I had just learned what feminine wiles were. I had to google it and from what I read... when you use your feminine wiles you use a soft voice and a smile to get your way. I think this is an acceptable way to get things done, but Annie didn't so much. For example, she was getting the grill ready for the BBQ and insisted on doing it herself. I said "get a boy to do it". A simple "Hi, boy, I was trying real hard (pout) to get this grill to work, and it doesn't. Can you please give it a look-see (smile) and make it work?? You'd save the day! (extra smile)" The grill would be fixed and I wouldn't even 1) have to look at it in the first place and 2) look at it broken ever again. And you know, I don't care if other females think this is "dumbing down" or something like that. Although, I don't think I have any crazy feminist readers (except Mich). Anyway, I think girls should always use their feminine wiles when they can to get their way and not have to do crap they don't want to do. I am glad I now have a name for this. Maybe I'll start blogging about times I use my feminine wiles.

Anyway, the week in CT was so great and my b if you didn't get that from the blog.

Before going to CT, I had to take Jackson (my car) in for some work. There might have been an incident where I was listening to Justin Bieber too loudly and didn't hear the initial impact of my car on the concrete pole in the parking garage. I don't really want to talk about it. But, he's fixed and SO HANDSOME now! I wasn't so in love with him for a while, he was getting to be old news. But now, he has a fresh new paint job (to take care of the pole incident), a great new window tinting (this helps with the Texas heat), a spoiler (it just looks sharp) and a detailing to make him super clean. He looks very handsome. Maybe in a year when I don't like him anymore I'll get those fancy side mirrors with the sparkley turn signals... oh! Or maybe rims. How cool would I be with rims? Oh!!! And lights under my car that pulse to the beat of whatever Justin Bieber song I am listening to. Yes. I am looking forward to that.

Leigh came to Texas this week for 26 hours. It was a super great fabulous 26 hours! I picked her up at DFW and we went down to Dallas and walked around and had a great lunch special. I had 6 wings (mild) and a salad with a Miller Lite and Leigh had a flatbread pizza with salad and a Sam Adams Summer Ale. It was a delectable catch up lunch in the Texas heat. We walked around and got maybe a little sweaty so we stopped in a Gap for a little AC situation... which actually turned out to be a 25% off sale and a few purchases. On our way back to the car we stopped in a posh cupcake store and got two little snacks to enjoy. We went back to Plano and I gave her the drive around tour and the grand apartment tour and then we enjoyed our cupcakes with large glasses of milk.

It was still spicy pool weather at 4 so we changed into our suits and went to the pool. It was a total rager and I was glad the Leigh was able to see that I wasn't making it up. I can't explain the pool to you unless you see it - but after an hour we decided we would call it Cancun (but for 30 year olds). There were so many tats and lots of coolers and smoking. And of course pool volleyball and dyed pink hair. Breast implants, aeropostale hats, puka shell necklaces, massages and lots of flotation devices. Pretty much prime people watching for all three hours. During our snooze Leigh met a man named Daniel who she said started talking to her while she was sleeping. I would guess that this man has been high for the last ten years. He started every sentence with "babygirl" and ended each sentence with a "yeaaaaa (fist pump)". He also invited us to a going away rager that was happening at the club house later. We said we would swing by after our dinner.

Dinner was great- Mexican. Leigh was impressed with the portion sizes and low prices and she also had her first mambo taxi. We had great chats about everything under the sun and then decided that maybe we would check out the rager. When we got there we were definitely seen as fresh meat and no one was sure who we belonged to. We went up to Daniel and I said "We made it!" and he just looked at me like "what? who?" and then he looked at Leigh and said "Ohh!" and then back at me and said "You look SO DIFFERENT". Rude- like I was so ugly before he couldn't believe my transformation into a girl. Jackwipe. Whatever. We were chatty and did our best at mingling and ended up meeting a man named Chris Baker who I decided must be Travis Barker's step brother. Chris was not the most awful human to start with so when he suggested that a bunch of them where going to the bars we thought this could be fun. False. Not fun and Chris was very annoying and critical of live music guitar player. We chatted and did our best to not use our feminine wiles and still couldn't get rid of him. When he went to the bathroom we changed locations closer to the bar and merged into a new group of one Eric and 3 Mikes who had just left a Mexican baby shower.

Chat chat chat with them and they really weren't the ultimate time although Mike 2 was attractive and had a very Smerrit-esque haircut (or, lack there of, when Smerrit doesn't have a haircut- are you reading this now, Smerrit? Hi!). Mike 2 was tall and wanted to know how tall I was and when I told him six foot he looked me over like I was lying about it. So I asked him how tall he was (I forget now, but probably 6'4) and then I looked HIM up and down like I didn't believe it and then I said "hm, ok". The chatting was just regular and I don't know how we merged into another group, but we did. And, this group had the boy in it that I went on the date with and haven't spoken to since. He's moving to Spain and we did a little chit chatting but mostly me and Leigh were over near the dart board with two of the other friends. One friend I think was an attractive and was having the laughs with while I was cheating playing darts. But, Leigh and I decided to leave abruptly and didn't say goodbye to our dart partners. I decided to text the boy I went on a date with and ask for his friends number. Leigh and I both think this is appropriate, but in talking to Peter he thinks maybe this was inconsiderate. But, I think one date with other friend means nothing and obviously means nothing since we never spoke again until we ran into each other. Anyway! If I'm going to complain about not finding a husband, I figure I should do but he never responded. So rude, right? Right. I guess I'll just need to find a new husband on my birthday weekend.

Continuing with the evening, Leigh and I went home and talked about how we probably would be up by 8 or maybe 9 and what we could do all morning. Next thing you know, we sleep until almost noon. It was so glorious. But definitely cut into the 26 hour visit. We watched some Bravo (Bethany on NY Housewives says wackado- but I definitely was saying it first) and then we walked around the town center and stopped at the DD for a coffee for Leigh and a coolata for me and did a quick peak-see in the Target and then off to the airport.

It was such a great visit!

1 comment:

  1. So I'm guessing this haircut, or lack thereof, is an acceptable hair situation?

    ReplyDelete