6/07/2010

chalfin.

So let's just get this out of the way: I am no longer crushing on Ryan. This does not mean that if I ever get to see him again I won't love him, but, having a crush on him is next to pointless and I have other places to focus my energy.

I told Pete this and he said "love is never pointless". He is such a romantic. Actually, Pete is the one that introduced me to Ryan. And- you know what, I think I'm still a little bitter over it. See, we have known Pete since sophomore year. He befriended LH and Jaymet first (they shared a class) and then me and Michelle second. I am positive that he likes me and Michelle so much better because he would always visit us. He would knock at our door and me and Michelle would yell "Please come into our room!!" and, in would come Peter. He's such a babe! (Except for when he stole my orange juices and only recently confessed.)

Ok, so anyway, I've known Pete for a long time. But, he would never introduce us to his friends. Just the baseball club house which was so far away and not so much fun to get to. Once the bar scene came into our lives we would see Pete more regularly... One particular night (which I believe was a Wednesday since we were enjoying $.50 drafts at the Den) we were enjoying the chilly patio weather with Pete and others and in walks a handsome boy. I don't know who spied him first but of course me, Mich and Lise all get googly eyes. So we gossip about this attractive man for at least 5 minutes, while Pete is at the table. Finally he clues into the conversation and says "Oh, that's Ryan I know him". God. It's the end of our senior year and Pete THEN decides to introduce us to the most handsome friend (sorry Nicky B) he has. No manners- He knows how boy crazy I am! (Anyway, we're moving the crush on Ryan to "pending".)

Since graduation Pete has moved to Pittsburgh and I have moved away from Pittsburgh. But I'm so lucky I get to see him whenever I come home. (Making me definitely the most favorite of all the girl friends.) He even just invited me to a wedding in July!! He gchatted me and said "just so you know i plan to look very handsome" (like anyone reading this doubted that) and I obviously plan to look VERY BEAUTIFUL. He said my husband might be there! We'll see...! Probably another attractive Pete should have introduced me to 4 years ago... Anyway, since being invited to the wedding (Sunday) we've spent most of our gchat time planning the event. (The "event" being our car ride). Anyway, more to come in July! (Pete, I probably won't say anything else about you so you're safe to discontinue reading, you brat.)

Other things going on right now? I went to a dueling piano bar this weekend with Jessica and husband Keith and Stephanie and fiance Jason. We were later met by Lizzie with long time boyfriend Jon and Cathy with recently wed husband Ryan.

(Are YOU READING THAT??? Everyone is married!!!! (or basically married!) Do you see this life I lead???)

The piano bar was SO MUCH FUN! Packed full and lots of laughing and singing and in general a great time. Lots of bachelorettes were brought up on stage (God, Texas has marriage fever or something), 2 50th wedding anniversaries and also a divorcee. It was quite the night! I got to do the chicken dance on stage with Jessica (and even more bachelorettes- it was really absurd how many were out celebrating) and also tipped a full $6 to have the PSU fight song played. It was a lot of fun and I hope we go back some other time!

Sunday was very relaxing day for laundry and a mani/pedi/eyebrow waxing. I go in just to get a polish change on my nails and scope out the scene and prices before deciding if I'll go for the full pedi. Reasonable prices and clean, so I decide to take on the pedi. Also, I see they do eyebrow waxing and just this weekend I was looking at my eyebrows thinking "uhh, I don't want to tweeze you!!" so I said- perfect. Except, this Asian put so my wax on my face (ladies, literally she had to wipe wax out of the crease of my right eye!!!!) and I was petrified she was going to wax off my entire eyebrows. Thankfully she didn't, but I will definitely not do that again. And, during the pedi I really thought the woman was going to try to steal my clothes... off my back steal them. She said "I like your top" and "Where did you get it?" - all very normal questions to which I responded "Thanks, TJMaxx!". She thinks about this for a bit and speaks some Asian to the other Asians and then looks back at me and says "I like your top. What size are you?". Umm... I don't know what to do. I'm thinking- are they going to hold me down and steal my clothes? Is she going to ask for it? Do I have to give it to her? I tell her "Medium.. maybe large" because I don't want her to think that my clothes will fit her (she would definitely need an extra small) and I do not want her taking them from me. She thinks, nods and then says some more Asian (I really wish someone could have told me what they were saying) and then says "TJMaxx" and that is it. She doesn't speak the rest of the pedicure. I got to leave with my clothes, but I was very fearful the entire time. It was so weird. I'm definitely not going back there.

Today was a slow day at work. I can't take it. Wednesday I go to CT for a week and I get to see all my work friends and look for some new husbands. Actually, my two newest followers I know from work... wild! Andrew (dates Kim) and introduced me his cousin who had the terrible DC friend. When AC left the company they (Kim and Ashley) played a trick on me, which I fell for, and I'm still not over. I hate being tricked. And Ups! Ups is following me because I whined enough at work about it... he's another virtual friend (are any of you noticing a trend?, Because I just did!) Anyway- I meet him in person when in CT!

Back to gchatting with Kim about the stupid bachelorette and her stupid clan of boys (but, I do like Roberto). Oh, and I read all the spoilers I can get my hands on and I can't wait for this season to unfold.

7 comments:

  1. Wow... I was only expecting a brief reference. Instead I got a few full paragraphs and my NAME IN THE HEADLINE!! Best of all I got a fair warning of when I was no longer discussed so I didn't have to read any more! You are the best Miller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it because she was Asian? I knew you always had a thing against Asians. You can't have your sushi and eat it, too, Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. because of droid, you are missing the awkwardness that is hunter's date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim distracted me halfway through reading so I had to stop and start all over, but it was worth it. Thanks for the shout out and for the record, that joke was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. megan doesn't hate asians. she straddled one and enjoyed a nice tongue kiss with him.

    and we will never be over pete holding boys out on us. post college i am still discovering attractives that he failed to introduce us to. and to think the only thing i got out of him was a lousy dogging.

    i wish you would have included a photo of chalfin in this blog..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i regret the day i accidentally turned my head away from the chalfin-french and dream of the day it gets recreated.

    ReplyDelete