5/03/2011

Grilled Cheese Voting!

Ok, so the title is kind of relevant...

In perusing google today, I found the Grilled Cheese Social blog. I love grilled cheeses (not to be confused with Glee's Grilled Cheesus)...



Anway.... I clicked. Are you DYING? Doesn't this look AMAZING!? Is it dinner time? Can we eat it now?!!?

I actually just discussed grilled cheese with McCowan this weekend. His question: WHY do all girls like grilled cheese?

This was actually quite simple for me to answer 1) because I am a girl and 2) because I had a grilled cheese for lunch that day...

Everyone's had a great grilled cheese....  just close your eyes. Taste that great grilled cheese in your mouth. Mmmm. So good.

You're going to have one this week, you know it.

Now, back to the great grilled cheese.

Who made it for you? You certainly did not make that best grilled cheese ever. Neither did your dad. Your mom did. Or your grandma.  I think it has something to do with the uterus. All moms know how to make someone's great grilled cheese. I think mom grilled cheeses are the best because mom's have a level of patience that is just not achievable until you have children.

All of my grilled cheeses are smashed. And sometimes cheese gets burnt on the edges in a sloppy flip. I just want that damn cheese to melt fast so I can dip that grilled cheese in some tomato soup. My grilled cheeses are good because how can you go wrong with butter and cheese?? - but they are not the greatest. I don't have that skill.

The way I make a grilled cheese is not the way a mom makes a grilled cheese... Moms patiently heat the pan, then butter the bread gently, they evenly distribute cheese. They get a perfect golden brown on one side and then flip it and get the perfect golden brown on the other side.  They even cut it diagonal - it doesn't matter if you are 24.  I mean - how dreamy does that grilled cheese sound?

Answer: So dreamy.

Also - while you're here, vote on the latest polling question to the right: Who should be featured in the next Meet My Followers?

4 comments:

  1. Would this count as your "Mothers Day" post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad makes a better GC than my mom. He does not have a (an?) uterus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilled cheesus.... haha!

    Megan, it's all your fault. Now I'm craving a grilled cheese sandwich and will go make one right now... at 12:51 am. So much for my diet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete