2/06/2012

Tears. Seriously.

This is actually going to be January recap 2 of 3 but I have to tell you - I cried this weekend. Legitimate tears came down my face. Why? I'll tell you.

We were just having the times on Saturday - typical. We had a great Mexican dinner to celebrate Janet's birthday and we were going to drop of Kelly's car before heading to the Knox Street Pub for ultimate dance party (music videos included). I may have had two margaritas with dinner and there may have been live music with a conga line than ended with a (baby) shot of tequila. And I was feeling the tunes and the evening adventures and checking in to all locations - including Kelly's car. So, we park the car and are sitting and waiting to catch our next ride. We're just chatting. And, out of the corner of my eye, I see a man walk in that appears to be dressed well and also appears to maybe be tall. I of course take a gander.

I gander for 2 seconds before I scream out: YOU ARE RON CORNING FROM THE DALLAS MORNING SHOW! And he says "YES!". And I literally start crying. I have to cover my face and I can't even look at him. Everyone is laughing at me and I'm just trying to catch my breath and stop crying and I'm thinking "Oh my God! Movie Star! Celebrity Sighting! STOP CRYING SELF!". By the time I can take my face out of my hands, I am now tuned into the fact that Erin and Kelly are laughing at me. And, apparently Ron Corning invited me to the pool but I didn't hear it because I was having a legitimate panic attack.  I mean, seriously, check out this commercial and tell me he isn't the corniest (JOKE - GET IT?) Morning anchor in the history of morning anchors?

MORE - RON! Do you get it?? So what do I do? I get on Twitter and TWEET @RONCORNING. This is the point in the night I realize I have a problem. Do you want to know who the first person I followed on Twitter was? ROBIN ROBERTS.

I love morning news anchors! And then I thought, what if, heaven help me, I accidentally ran into Robin Roberts? I think I would pee myself. I have NO idea what I would do!

Which, PS, you may recognize Izzy from this famous news flub.

So, what else happened in January? I went to St. Louis with Jessica. Girlfriend Sarah was the most fabulous host ever! We did SO MANY THINGS when we were in St. Louis!

Before I get to the so many things, let me give you a synopsis of pre-trip. Pre-trip something came up that made me say to Jessica "Jessica, do you know what state St. Louis is in?" And she said no. So I told her St. Louis was in Missouri. End of story.

Fast forward to St. Louis. We're all out having the best time ever and met up with friend Priyanka and Ashley and were listening to music and dancing and having a fabulous time! We move to a pub and we are sitting around talking and someone says (probably Sarah) says "Jessica doesn't know what state we are in." And I chime in "Yes she does, I told her." And I am preparing for my proudest moment this new man says "Jessica, what state are we in?" Jessica doesn't miss a beat.

"Montana."

Funniest moment of the trip. Hands down. Oh, except for when Jessica told us she went on a Jack-in-the-box diet for one summer and ate two tacos and an oreo milkshake for breakfast, lunch and dinner and lost 5lbs.

I'm telling you people, you should come to Dallas just to meet Jessica. She is a perfect friend and she diets just like me.  And she cracks me up like crazy. And I have to stop talking about her or else Girlfriend Sarah will get jealous.

Back to St. Louis. We did EVERYTHING!



Taking hipster photos
Botanical Gardens Tropical Forest
Visiting the Arch
Visiting a bar that looks like a strip club
      

Hanging out at the zoo with a ham of an orangutan 

Playing some Big Buck Hunter on Sunday Funday

Lacing up our skates for ice skating
Toured Anheuser Busch Brewery with free sips
Girlfriend Sarah was the ULTIMATE host! She took us to so many great restuarants and showed us all of her favorite spots. And I got to share a twin bed with Jessica the entire weekend. And we went to the grocery story and she took us to the Quik Trip for my first taquito EVER and it was amazing with a fountain DC and we shopped and shopped and looked at antique stores and had brunch and it was just an amazing, fun-filled, non stop perfect girls weekend! There is not one thing I would change. Best weekend ever!

Also, preparing you for recap 3 of 3 of January: the zero mention of Justin means I didn't think of him at all while on vacation. 


2 comments:

  1. Lies! You did think about Justin, but more so went back and forth about whether you liked him or not. I said stop being a scaredy cat, you said maybe not so much at the end of the vaca. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete